Policing Trump's Visit to London

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Policing Trump's Visit to London

Post by Lee »

Various media reports today about the appalling conditions police officers are having to endure whilst policing President Trump's visit. Apparently officers were being housed in a school gym, sleeping on rows of low camp beds with scarcely room to step between them. Officers have to sleep there between their 12-hour shifts.

There are also just five toilets for 300 male officers!!

The females are located elsewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ng-on-mats
Last edited by Lee on 12 Jul 2018, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
burstingguys
Site Staff

Re: Policing Trump's Visit to London

Post by burstingguys »

Even accounting for a fair amount waking early to attend to their morning business when the toilets are relatively unoccupied the scene at peak will still be >200 bleary eyed officers with pounding bladders desperately waiting for one of the 5 toilets to become free. Considering many men take a bit longer in the morning on the john It's conceivable that some may need to wait up to 45 minutes for their turn at the toilet. A truly herculean task for an over-hydrated new officer in urgent need of a place to relieve himself. I'm sure there will be much knocking on stall doors and many men asking to cut to the front as the task of containing themselves becomes unbearable.
"I gotta get in there man!"
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Their superior should insist that at least half of those men be housed elsewhere. That overcrowding is just not acceptable. (I could suggest that they show up in a Trump-owned property with their sleeping bags… ;-))
evergreen
Well Known Member

Post by evergreen »

I agree with Fred. I had thought that style of management - anything will do for them - was long gone but it sounds as shameful as ever it was. Perhaps the fact that the current PM spent several years as Home Secretary destroying morale throughout the nations forces has a bearing on it. Surprised there are enough officers left to provide for Trumps protection anyway.