Desperation on Public Transport

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Re: Desperation on Public Transport

Post by Lee »

Jamester81 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 01:01 The perks of being a bus driver! I love seeing lads in this situation.

A young man got off my bus last week, I saw him in the mirror adjusting his stance from one foot to the other, muttering "I'm gonna piss myself"
That’s brilliant. Who was he talking to? Himself?
pissbaby
Involved

Post by pissbaby »

Jamester81 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 01:01 The perks of being a bus driver! I love seeing lads in this situation.

A young man got off my bus last week, I saw him in the mirror adjusting his stance from one foot to the other, muttering "I'm gonna piss myself"
Lucky you!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

The following post was made three weeks ago on a site reviewing Lufthansa's First Class product:

They don't need renewal as much as new routines. One time there was a huge delay on the ground after taxing had started, the crew had locked the lavatories as they usually do on LH, and refused to open them even some people were in distress and begged, some even stated real emergencies but no use. That day a lot of people peed in the seat, when finally in the air and the lavatories opened several passengers had tied sweaters around the waist to hide the wet stains in their pants. I heard other pee stories about LH as well, including the crew yelling at people who were desperate to use the lavatories. Personally i don't understand why people overhydrate so severely, its stupid, but they still do it and other airlines deal with it without soaked seats.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

It is surprising that the airlines have not been successfully sued for locking the lavatories when the passengers were in no danger due to weather and other factors that could have lead to passengers being in harm’s way.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Sam70 wrote: 12 Nov 2022, 12:25 It is surprising that the airlines have not been successfully sued for locking the lavatories when the passengers were in no danger due to weather and other factors that could have lead to passengers being in harm’s way.
Not only is this stupid policy opening the door to lawsuits, but that airplane would have to be taken out of service for a thorough cleaning. In fact, it shouldn't have been allowed to depart with urine-soaked seats for that flight.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

I agree with you Fred.
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

Lee wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 16:16

That’s brilliant. Who was he talking to? Himself?
He was with another guy but he said it as his friend was coming down the stairs so I don't think he heard. I did, though!
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

Brian wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 10:59 @Jamester81 That's quite an incident! Do you know any other details? For example, do you think he may have had to get off the bus too soon? Also, any idea how long he'd been in the bus for?

@Fred Yes, I bet there are plenty more we don't see as drivers. That's borne out by the fact that I have seen about the same number of obviously desperate guys in buses when I've been a passenger as when I've been driving, even though I only occasionally use public transport as a customer.
He had been on the bus over an hour and although he didn't appear drunk, alcohol definitely played it's part. As far as I know he got off at his intended stop.
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

Another incident a few weeks ago where a group of 20 somethings got on my bus for an approx 30 minute journey. They had clearly been in the pub beforehand. Nearing the destination they came downstairs and a guy was asking me the best stop to get off etc. and he said "we all need a piss"!

Interestingly he used the pronoun "we" as if to share the burden amongst the whole group to avoid the spotlight being entirely on himself. As it happens 2 of the guys went up an alley as soon as they got off the bus, tearing open the flies of their jeans to let it flow in broad daylight. The rest of the group didn't hang about! They casually made their way up the road leaving their pals to catch them up after emptying their bladders!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Jamester81 wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 02:38 Another incident a few weeks ago where a group of 20 somethings got on my bus for an approx 30 minute journey. They had clearly been in the pub beforehand. Nearing the destination they came downstairs and a guy was asking me the best stop to get off etc. and he said "we all need a piss"!

Interestingly he used the pronoun "we" as if to share the burden amongst the whole group to avoid the spotlight being entirely on himself. As it happens 2 of the guys went up an alley as soon as they got off the bus, tearing open the flies of their jeans to let it flow in broad daylight. The rest of the group didn't hang about! They casually made their way up the road leaving their pals to catch them up after emptying their bladders!
It's likely that all of them were experiencing varying degrees of urgency, but those two were at their limit. I imagine they found a pub and lined up at the urinals for relief.