Is anyone else finding this site is slower than normal to load?

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
zsrh2002
Involved

Is anyone else finding this site is slower than normal to load?

Post by zsrh2002 »

In the last week or so I have been finding the site is slower to load. Sometimes when I can try to log in I get the following error message:

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Could the Admins look into what could be causing this. Thanks
Lee
Can't stay away...

Re: Is anyone else finding this site is slower than normal to load?

Post by Lee »

Yes! It’s driving me mad. It takes forever to load, then I have to try and log in about three or four times before it’s successful. And then I get the ‘exceeded resource limit’ message and have to start all over again.

If it goes on much longer, I’ll be giving up altogether.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Yes, sorry, I think probably everyone is affected.

The issue needs to be raised with our site hosts. We are on to it. Our site is one of many similar forums with the same software all run by the one company. I hope this failure of resources is only a temporary situation.

Until it's resolved the work-around is to press the reload button on the browser when you get the "resource limit reached" message, and if the system then has sufficient resources to process your latest request it will do so. There should normally be no need to "start all over again". That's my experience, anyway.
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

Yes, it's slow for me, too.

While we're "complaining" ( ;) ), I might raise that I also have issues with the search function: whenever I try to search a word, I never get any results. Just wondering if this is a problem for anyone else, too?
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

bearshel wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 11:24 Yes, it's slow for me, too.

While we're "complaining" ( ;) ), I might raise that I also have issues with the search function: whenever I try to search a word, I never get any results. Just wondering if this is a problem for anyone else, too?
The search function is a package from the software providers and we can't do anything except "take it or leave it", "like it or lump it", you get the picture. ;)

I notice that, indeed, if you put a normal word in the search box it will reject it because the word is too common.

But try putting something like
+Kevin
in the search box. That gives results.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Yes, it's been slow and occasionally stubborn for me, but I've attributed that to the ancient laptop I've been using.
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

I’ve had an interim response back from the hosting provider and the forum is using 100% of CPU capacity. They tried to reboot the connections for the web server in order to clear any reason for the CPU capacity to be maxed out, and all it did was restart and go back to where it was.

I have reached out to other members of the admin team to look at other solutions and options as yet I don’t know how that’s going to be because a lot of the other Admins are on different time zones to me and different work patterns.

But I do want to get this sorted out, and as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Yes, I am also experiencing the same issues others have said.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I just had to verify that I was human, and then had to sign in!
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

One of our Admins has popped in today to work their magic and tweaked a few settings as well and enabled more security.

Hence the cloud flare notification. Since December last year we have exponentially been receiving more traffic to the site that has been using up our bandwidth at an astonishing rate, this has also been maxing up the CPU on the server to 100% meaning it is taking longer for regular people to load their pages.

Various updates have been done as well and a few tweaks but this may be ongoing for a while until we can iron out the issues until then we are in the cloud flare ‘attack protection mode.