Putting yourself in desperate situations

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
briefs
Site Staff
Re: Putting yourself in desperate situations

Post by briefs »

True enough!
I'm not so much into the humiliation of a man pissing his pants in public, but the desperation is ace:)
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

briefs wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 19:05 It looks as if many of us enjoy seeing other people in desperate situations, but how many of us 'enjoy' being desperate ourselves?
On occasion, I do - but in public I don't plan on wetting myself. I might tank up and skip a toilet break, but I would plan the desperation in such a way to give myself some room for error, or at least some way of escaping midway if I find that I cannot reach my destination dry.

When I am alone at home, it can be another story. :)
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

googlism2008 wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 18:25
briefs wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 19:05 It looks as if many of us enjoy seeing other people in desperate situations, but how many of us 'enjoy' being desperate ourselves?
On occasion, I do - but in public I don't plan on wetting myself. I might tank up and skip a toilet break, but I would plan the desperation in such a way to give myself some room for error, or at least some way of escaping midway if I find that I cannot reach my destination dry.

Completely agree, when in public, allow a 'way-out', just in case!

That's why I'm a bit nervous about the Underground idea. I don't know the system well enough to know where toilets are!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

briefs wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 18:51

That's why I'm a bit nervous about the Underground idea. I don’t know the system well enough to know where toilets are!
There aren’t any toilets on the platforms!! That’s why you see lads getting caught out after a few beers at football games!!
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Lee wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 19:00
briefs wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 18:51

That's why I'm a bit nervous about the Underground idea. I don’t know the system well enough to know where toilets are!
There aren’t any toilets on the platforms!! That’s why you see lads getting caught out after a few beers at football games!!
Fair point Lee:)
Nor do I know where there are toilets close to stations etc
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

And, unless it has changed, British Rail (as was) liked to charge for the toilet facilities - especially at Charing Cross mainline station, 50p if I recall correctly (no toilets at Embankment).
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

bodgyuk wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 06:49

And, unless it has changed, British Rail (as was) liked to charge for the toilet facilities - especially at Charing Cross mainline station, 50p if I recall correctly (no toilets at Embankment).
Excellent :lol:
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

bodgyuk wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 06:49

The charges were scrapped a couple of years ago. All mainline station toilets are now free.
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Lee, do any Underground stations have toilets these days?
With regards to the Wembley line, which route would you say is the best? Somewhere such as Paddington to Wembley maybe?
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

briefs wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 10:45 Lee, do any Underground stations have toilets these days?
With regards to the Wembley line, which route would you say is the best? Somewhere such as Paddington to Wembley maybe?
The Metropolitan Line from Baker Street to Wembley Park stops just once, at Finchley Road, but there is a long stretch between Finchley Road and Wembley Park, where the train goes non stop through about four or five stations! It takes ages and must be sheer torture for a bursting lad who keeps seeing stations whizz past without the train stopping.

Then, because Wembley is so busy on match days, there is invariably a delay outside Wembley Park as the tube train waits for an available platform as it takes so long for the packed trains to empty out.

Can be fun watching … if you don’t need to go yourself!!

I don’t know of any stations where there are toilets on the platform. I’m sure some stations have facilities upstairs, but I wouldn’t have a clue which ones.