New postman!

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Meeko
Active
New postman!

Post by Meeko »

We have a new one who started in my area last week. I couldn’t think of an excuse to talk to him, but today he had a parcel for me. He’s about 25. Has dark hair and a full beard.

So I opened the door to him, and since my Ring doorbell recorded it I’ll transcribe part of the conversation for you all.

Meeko: Do you need anything? Do you want a drink? A red bull?
(He touched his tummy)
Postman: I better not, I’ve already had a can today
M: There’s a toilet in my shed, outside the back door if you ever need it
P: if only I knew that last week
(Laughed and shook his head)
P: Honestly, it was brutal. A mate of mine saw me and shouted on me. He says “do you need to go to the toilet?”
I told him “I wouldn’t give it away” My friend says “yeah I can see you dancing about. Do you want to come in and use my toilet?” So thank god for that
M: My (imaginary) nephew is a postman and says it’s a struggle sometimes, finding somewhere to go
P: Actually I will take a tin of Red Bull now you’ve said that.

So he must have been scared to drink in case he ended up desperate. I thought he might come back at the end of his round but he didn’t.

When he comes this morning I’m gonna take him out a Red Bull, and make a point of telling him to remember he can use my loo. Maybe offer to show him where it is.

Not really a sighting but there might be some to come! I thought you all might like to hear about it 🙂
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Re: New postman!

Post by Sam70 »

I suspect that your postman will visit your loo often. Let us know if there becomes more to the story.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Sam70 wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 08:12 I suspect that your postman will visit your loo often. Let us know if there becomes more to the story.
Seconded!
And don't even think about arranging for your toilet to be out of action one day after he's got into the habit of using it. I know you wouldn't do that. :twisted:
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

There's a postman who delivers on foot in a nearby town, and my favorite lunch spot is a small restaurant where he delivers just before noontime. I've noticed that he always uses the men's room there, probably because it's about the only place on his route that has public toilets. I wonder what he'd do if they were closed......
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

Sadly there’s nothing to report from Saturday or today. I was watching from the window while he was sorting his post bag out, and I thought he was dancing a little bit.

Maybe I should have shown him where the loo was. I’ll be back if I have anything to report 🤞🤞
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

I may have “accidentally” slipped the extra large cans of Red Bull in to my shopping this week. 500ml rather than the usual 250ml 😳
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

That will keep him on his toes!
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

Well! I was a bit disheartened on Saturday. He came to the door and I said I’d bought the big cans accidentally, he told me he’s trying to stop drinking Red Bull. I said he could have something else but he said he’d take it anyway. My overthinking personality told me I was irritating him so I decided to leave it for a few days.

Then he knocked the door this morning with a (genuinely) unexpected parcel. All chatty and friendly, saying he told me he was trying not to drink red bull but he had 4 cans on Sunday. So that’s what he asked for.

Then I said to him that I realised I had told him I have an outside toilet, but I hadn’t shown him where it was
P: I know, and I wasn’t sure so I haven’t been yet

When I asked if he wanted me to show him his eyes widened and he said yes very enthusiastically!

I’m guessing he’s dying to go most days but has been a bit shy to ask. As soon as he finished his round he was at the back door. Body slightly twisted and he struggled to get his gloves off. He was in there 3 minutes and off he went again.

I’d prefer if he asked me but I’m not always here. And I leave the outside bathroom open all day anyway. I still get a little buzz seeing him rush in the back door.

I plan to ask him this morning if there’s a drink he’d prefer from now on. So I’ll see if he mentions the loo then!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

He knows he can use your outside toilet, so if you engage him in conversation while you know he is holding a full bladder, there's no harm in your enjoying it. I've had this experience in the past.
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

Anther visit today. He had crossed legs as he was sorting his bag out at the van. Ring doorbell showed him saying a nice “phew” on his way out. Toilet seat was left up and a few drips on the floor. And I’m not even angry lol