Y fronts and desperation

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Y-fronts

Post by Brian »

neodreamwaters wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 23:11
AlphaJock wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 21:52 Can anyone post a few example pictures of y-fronts? I've never heard the term before
Oh, they're what some people might call briefs in other parts of the world (or tighty whities for specifically the white kind).
True, but as I understand it y-fronts are also specifically of the type with an upside down Y on the front. One of the "stalks" of the letter Y is open so that the guy can pee through the opening.

This article about Y-fronts includes a picture. (If you want a picture of a guy actually wearing them you can find plenty with google. ;) )
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Y-fronts

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 06:59
neodreamwaters wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 23:11
AlphaJock wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 21:52 Can anyone post a few example pictures of y-fronts? I've never heard the term before
Oh, they're what some people might call briefs in other parts of the world (or tighty whities for specifically the white kind).
True, but as I understand it y-fronts are also specifically of the type with an upside down Y on the front. One of the "stalks" of the letter Y is open so that the guy can pee through the opening.

This article about Y-fronts includes a picture. (If you want a picture of a guy actually wearing them you can find plenty with google. ;) )
Sometimes I have wondered why they bother to have that fly opening in Y-fronts because as far as I know, most guys pull down the waistband to pee or use a leg opening. I think even boxer brief guys go over the top instead of using the fly. What is your observation?
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Y fronts and desperation

Post by Brian »

Fred, I agree completely. That opening in the y-fronts in the days when I wore them was actually always a right nuisance because in certain circumstances (which I'll leave to the imagination since we're not in Stronger Interests) I found the member would go through the opening during normal activities (not peeing) and the only way to get it back to normal would be to "adjust myself" with my hand. Definitely not wanted if I wasn't in private!

Regarding peeing, I think most guys go "over the top", pulling the waistband down. I certainly do.
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

Brian's comment above just goes to prove my theory about Y-Fronts and underwear flies in general being no problem for left handers.

I wore Y-Fronts many years ago, then migrated to baggy boxers (central fly) and now prefer boxer briefs. Most of the time I do use the fly. But many boxer briefs do have central buttons rather than this recent innovation of the spoon shaped fly.
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

I wore y-fronts when I was a kid but they became unfashionable. A lot of guys in the 80s early 90s wore briefs (commonly called pants in my part of the world). The briefs were basically y-fronts without the y style opening.

I was lucky enough to go through my school years at a time where some lads wore briefs and some wore boxers. I always found it interesting to find out what kind of undies a lad wore and exciting if a lad was wearing briefs. Nowadays there's no variety as every lad seems to wear boxers and they appear to have become the standard men's underwear. It's usually easy to tell what a guy is wearing under his trackies or joggers.

The style of boxers has changed over the years. Back in the late 80s/90s the common style I remember is loose fitting woven style boxers providing little support. Nowadays they are a much snugger fit, probably providing similar comfort and fit to briefs, thus the name boxer briefs.
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

I think most guys pull down the waistband. Most of the designer brands don't have any fly openings at the front. I live in Scotland where standard attire is trackie bottoms or joggers which also don't have any flies so I guess guys are used to this anyway.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

I agree with much of what is said, but state my observations and experiences:
  • In the 80s or 90s, it used to be either briefs or boxers. As a result, I grew up in briefs, went through a period where I experimented with a variety of underwear at a considerable expense, before settling on trunks or short boxer briefs. Even though trunks has become popular, briefs are still sold in great volumes because a pair of trunks typically cost almost the price of two pairs of briefs. On the topic of desperation in briefs, I definitely have my experiences which initially got me interested into male desperation, but these are mostly underage stories.
  • The default action of many people of my generation or older is to extract from the bottom of the underwear, although most can also extract from the top. This is especially so when the person is wearing shorts or when the trousers have a fly, and at that time long bottoms without a fly weren't that popular. As a result, I very occasionally have the rather odd sight of some guy peeing by lowering the front of the track pants and then extracting from the bottom of the underwear. However, the present generation of young adults almost universally extract from the top, unbuckling the belt and unbuttoning the top button of the trousers if these elements are present. I suspect this had to do with fashion: skinny jeans had been very fashionable for perhaps a decade or so, some of which can be very tight, and together with trunks, makes it incredibly hard to simply unzip and extract from the bottom. And now flyless trackies and joggers are becoming the "in" thing. Meanwhile in sports, compression bottoms have become mainstream. All of these promote extraction from the top.
P.S. In my region, "pants" is not underwear. But I am well aware of the British usage, so I tend to use "trousers" in this forum.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Just to confuse things further, I moved to Northern England, 8 years ago- here trousers are called Pants and Pants Underpants!! Lol
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

I'm blaming imported television programs for this blatant adoption of other countries terms in the UK, even the accent has been influenced, though that happened 20 odd years ago. Don't get me started on router, route, yoghurt - hmmm I digress and am way off topic. Wombat it is your fault!!!! :)
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Haha blame the boyf! He's from Lancashire. Keep laughing every time he says underpants!! 😀