Y fronts and desperation

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
briefs
Site Staff
Y fronts and desperation

Post by briefs »

Hi all, this might seem a very niche question:)

Is anyone here old enough to have worn the old nylon Y fronts back in the 1970s/80s?
I'm thinking the old patterned ones, or do you remember the light blue ones with darker blue piping - things like that.

And if you did wear them, did you ever have a proper desperation experience, or see a mate in a bad situation?
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Y fronts and desperation

Post by Brian »

Yes. I wore them until I was about 20-22 just before they became desperately unfashionable. Had a desperate experience during a university exam, only just made it to the end, and was probably wearing Y fronts at the time. Saw a few other guys desperate in university exams too, notably this sighting (first posting in that thread). That one was in 1985 and that guy might possibly have been wearing Y fronts.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I wore white cotton Y-fronts, never nylon or patterned. But then, I've never been fashionable.
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Great sighting Brian!
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

The fascinating thing is that so many guys, myself included, start scissoring our legs - but I've never worked out if this actually helps?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

briefs wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 18:32 The fascinating thing is that so many guys, myself included, start scissoring our legs - but I've never worked out if this actually helps?
Perhaps the scissoring exerts pressure on the urethra, something like a repeated squeezing of the head of the p*nis which seems to reinforce the sphincters. A really full bladder also can make one restless, constantly moving the legs.
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

It certainly makes me restless Fred!
AlphaJock
Active

Post by AlphaJock »

Can anyone post a few example pictures of y-fronts? I've never heard the term before
neodreamwaters
Site Staff
Y-fronts

Post by neodreamwaters »

AlphaJock wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 21:52 Can anyone post a few example pictures of y-fronts? I've never heard the term before
Oh, they're what some people might call briefs in other parts of the world (or tighty whities for specifically the white kind).
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

It's so confusing, different terminology across the world lol.
To me "briefs" make me think of ,Tangas, now massively unfashionable. But equally Boxers has come to mean Boxer Briefs rather than the cotton shorts that originated in the US
If I'm in the car I find scissoring helps massively lol