London Underground

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
briefs
Site Staff
London Underground

Post by briefs »

Hi all, an idea is formulating in my head, if I'm ever brave enough to do it!

I'm a regular visitor to London and use the Underground, but I wouldn't say I'm over familiar with it, in terms of journey lengths, where any toilets are etc.

My idea is to go to a pub for a few pints and then try an Underground journey, just to put myself in a really bad experience.

Would anyone here be interested in doing this to me, or has anyone here ever been genuinely desperate on the Underground, to the point of panicking you'll piss your pants?
briefs
Site Staff
Re: London Underground

Post by briefs »

Or can anyone recommend a long stretch of line, with a lack of toilets?
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Tbh very few LU stations have toilets. In central London you would need to get off and use the toilets in an overground station, but out of central London there are very few options especially at night!! 😃
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

If you were literally 'on the verge' at Hammersmith, you'd probably not make it to the next stop which is Acton Town. The piccadilly line goes through four stations non-stop and it's incredibly bumpy. Nobody would be surprised to see a genuinely frantic guy lose it between those two stops.

It's the same between Harrow on the Hill and Wembley on the Met line.
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Thanks guys:)

Are you speaking from bitter experience:))?
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

briefs wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 10:37 Thanks guys:)

Are you speaking from bitter experience:))?
Not on the piccadilly line, but I've often thought it would a disaster if someone was hanging on for dear life when the tube left Hammersmith for Acton, or vice versa.

On the Met line, I've seen several football fans on match days seriously bursting on the last, long leg into Wembley. Especially after sinking a few beers in central London before jumping on the tube and not realising the length between the stops. And we do know that some years ago, it proved too much for a Leeds United supporter!
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Yeah travelled to Wembley last week to see Coldplay. Had forgotten how long the Tube took from Baker st to Wembley Park with only one stop in-between! There must have been some bursting bladders along there over the years!!!
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Then I shall have to try and travel on that line one day after a few beers!
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Not seen about the Leeds supporter - is it in stronger interests? I don't have access yet unfortunately
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

There's a story on here somewhere, not sure which section it's in. But if you just do a general Google search for something like 'leeds wet himself ', you can read about the actual incident.