Postmen

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Meeko
Active
Postmen

Post by Meeko »

I joined a Royal Mail Facebook group recently. There are quite a few posts asking people if possible to give some cold water to your postperson. And offer them the use of your toilet.

Reading the replies to the posts there are quite a few talking about needing the toilet on their rounds. Especially on huge housing estates with nowhere to go. Some are shy to ask for a toilet, or have done and been refused. So they would appreciate it if offered.

I had never really thought of them feeling awkward to ask.
I’m very shy myself. But I concocted a story to help me. About an imaginary nephew who has started work as a postman. That he has talked about having no toilets being the hardest part of the job (I have read this from someone in the group so that part wasn’t made up)

So, I’ve said it to two postmen so far. One looked at me a bit weird and just thanked me. My usual postman was much more chatty about it.

I handed him a bottle of cold water, and it looked like he was about to say no but then felt how cold it was and just said thank you. He was really sweating.

Me:- I wanted to say to you, did you know I have a toilet in my shed?

PM:- No I didn’t. I’ll remember that. But round here isn’t too bad. There’s (a business centre) and then (an elderly facility)

K:- My nephew said it’s the hardest part of the job. Big estates like this with nowhere to go. Then he said he feels awkward asking customers. So I thought I must mention it to my postman in case he feels the same way. I’ve just never thought. I always assumed if someone needs the toilet they’d ask, but maybe it’s something that’s frowned upon while you’re working.

PM:- When you first start it’s the hardest. You’re wanting to go to the toilet all the time because there is none. People don’t really want you in their house. Like I’ve knocked on 4 doors and it’s just “no” “no” “no” “no” it’s murder

K:- Really?? I’m shocked at that. I could never say no to someone. We all need to go at some time. And it’s awful in this day and age, that you’re going out to do your days work and can’t get access to a toilet when you need one.

PM:- Aye you see if you go to somewhere like (housing estate) there’s just nowhere at all to go. You end up having to go to (posh hotel) to go to the toilet

K:- I’m surprised they allow you!

PM:- They aren’t that happy about it, but they don’t say no. Not everybody is as nice and understanding as yourself (and touched my arm) But if they don’t the only other place I can go is the cemetery. (I don’t know if there are toilets in the cemetery, or if he meant outside).

K:- it doesn’t bother me at all. The bin men and recycling collectors have all used my loo. Him next door was reporting them for going in the bushes

PM:- You’re joking!?

K:- Honestly! He used to go out and take photos of puddles and urine marks down the wall! Whenever he used to speak to me he would moan about it. Who cares? Dogs pee everywhere, all the time and nobody bats an eyelid. If somebody needs to go urgently I don’t have a problem with it. But I’d still prefer they just came in and used mine than potentially get themselves in trouble. I’ve genuinely considered getting a public toilet sign to put up, just because I know it would wind my neighbour up!

Then followed a whole diatribe from me about my horrible neighbour. I can never miss an opportunity to slag him off 😳

I was aware that the postmen are under time pressure so I stopped talking. Reminding him again that he’s welcome to use my toilet any time. Whether he’s delivering to me or not, so don’t ever be stuck. Or if he needs a drink, paracetamol, phone charger, anything.

He thanked me profusely over and over again, said he was so grateful and touched my arm a second time. He really did appear to be genuinely touched, which left me feeling a bit guilty about how excited the exchange had made me 😳 I did also mean it from my heart, though. I appreciate our key workers and am very happy to help.

My postman is about 45 and 6ft tall. Shaved head, dark stubble on his head and face. Very lean without being lanky. Beautiful grey-blue eyes and he wears glasses. He’s really friendly.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Postmen

Post by Brian »

Beautiful! All genuinely very nice of you, whether it excites you as well or not. As for your neighbour... I have no words! :evil:
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

There are many people who perform services for us every day, and often these jobs are tedious or hard. Showing appreciation or compassion to those workers is always a good thing. If you get some excitement from your contact with them, so much the better.
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

It wasn’t a lie about my neighbour. I have a bird feeder he moans about, if there’s bird poo in his yard he goes out and photographs it.

I’m going to say the same to the Amazon drivers as they have it as hard, if not worse. There’s been a lot in the media about Amazon workers having to pee in bottles in their van.

Maybe you gentlemen should say the same to your delivery drivers. And always keep your bathroom spotless. I was told once by someone they loved having to come to my house as they know the toilet will be clean.

Every day this week I’ve been tying a frozen water bottle on to the postman’s van door as it’s so hot. I’m a bit worried he’ll think I’m weird but it’s something I’ve started now 😳 I’ve really developed a thing for postmen 😳
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

Had a delivery from Amazon today. Very friendly man. Of course I’ve had to write the conversation to save it. I hope I’ll see him again 🙂

The driver was very handsome but very short. About 5ft6, dark hair and nicely trimmed beard. His body looked toned but not too muscular.

I handed him a drink and he said I’m too kind.

Me:- There’s a toilet in my shed if you need it . . . . like, ever
AD:- If I’m ever up this way, yeah?
Me:- Yeah, you’re welcome if you need to
AD:- It’s just round the back? I’ll remember that from now on. You are too kind, thank you very much. I really appreciate that
Me:-Not at all. My nephew drives for Amazon so I know it’s not easy
AD:- No, we have to do it in bottles most of the time. It’s awful. So I’m always looking for shops I can pull in to and by that time I’m already busting. Then a lot of shops don’t
have a toilet and it’s like (he half bent over and made a groaning noise) So if I’m ever round here I can just nip in?
Me:- Of course, no problem

Not terribly exciting for most people but I got a little buzz from it. This is the 4th time I’ve offered a driver it. None have used it so far but every one appeared very grateful. If anyone here gets a lot of Amazon deliveries offer the drivers a drink and your bathroom! You can tell it’s appreciated
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I live in a rural area where none of the public buildings - and their rest rooms - are open on Sundays, and once before I posted about telling an Amazon driver he could "water a tree" along my driveway. Although I've only witnessed him doing so once, it's a long driveway and I might not notice him from the house. I do order from Amazon often, and the same man does a lot of their deliveries in this neighborhood.
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

I’m not sure if you’re aware, Fred. Amazon do some very reasonably priced home security cameras. You can never be too careful in this day and age 😉😉

In all seriousness, I read and enjoyed that post a long time ago now. What is it about delivery persons that just gets me?!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Years ago, especially after dark, you could nip behind any building that was closed for the night and take a quick pee. Security cameras have changed all that. A large percentage of business and residential buildings now have security cameras to reduce vandalism and theft. If you're lucky, you'll only be evaluated for the quantity and time of your pee, and perhaps the size of the tool. Otherwise your minutelong indiscretion may involve a visit from the police, or worse.
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

I know but nowadays that’s very risky. Google Amazon driver peeing and tons of men have been recorded peeing. Some even been sacked over it, which I find ridiculous.
There was a man that won a case for unfair dismissal over being caught peeing.