Uk culture about wetting yourself

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...
Uk culture about wetting yourself

Post by Bigdog »

I am not sure if everyone is from the Uk, probably not, but my question is sort of related to Uk culture. Is wetting yourself seen as taboo, and frowned upon? I mean accidentally though desperation, rather than deliberately wetting yourself?

This is a question for those living outside the UK, in your culture what is the view when somebody sets themselves?
Jamester81
Active

Re: Uk culture about wetting yourself

Post by Jamester81 »

It's something we're taught not to do from a very young age. Whilst it's socially unacceptable, I think the embarrassment and humiliation it causes someone is the more important factor.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

I think wetting is frowned upon in most societies around the world, even when accidental, the only difference is the varying degrees of acceptance. Like Jamester said, we were trained not to wet since very young.

I would say that the majority of us would make reasonable attempts to reach a toilet to pee, and toilets are generally clean and easy to find (probably the main reason why sightings are rare for me). If we find ourselves in a situation where using a toilet is not an option, most of us will just do a public pee.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

I agree about the embarrassment and humiliation and I believe that to some degree this is universal. I suspect the degree of it varies from person to person.

Having been involved with church ministries, I am shocked at the anger of family members and friends when an aged person goes back into diapers. The person’s health is failing. The elderly person is now having to use a walker and can only move a very few feet at a time.

The loved one is definitely going through health decline that will end in death within a year.

The family and friends are accepting that their loved one can not walk any,more I have seen family and friends go ballistic because “mom” wet her pants. But they are not as upset about mom’s decline in health that is very significant as they are that mom is in diapers. I have seen family and friends get very angry over this. They also are highly embarrassed because “mom” has to wear

“Mom” is dying. She is almost helpless. What a appears to be by some members of the family and friends main concern?? Mom has to wear diapers!

Of course, not all family and friends are like the above? However it is common to see this reaction from some people.

It is almost like this: Pretend this was a true possibility: A person has to make this decision.
J
A. The house will burn to the ground and nothing will be saved.

B.They have to wet their pants in a very public place and people they know will see it happen.

There are some who would rather see their house burn down then wet their pants.

This tells how deeply engrained it is that no one ever wets his pants past age 6. It is the most humiliated thing there is to a significant number of people. This seems to be true for all the Western World. I don’t know about other cultures.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...

Post by Bigdog »

There is a big myth that when you get older you won’t wet yourself. Everyone probably knows that somebody younger is more likely to wet themselves, but it can easily happen to somebody old.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...

Post by Bigdog »

Jamester81 wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 23:32 It's something we're taught not to do from a very young age. Whilst it's socially unacceptable, I think the embarrassment and humiliation it causes someone is the more important factor.
I have seen people literally have to remove themselves from certain places when that has happened
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Bigdog wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 14:34 There is a big myth that when you get older you won’t wet yourself. Everyone probably knows that somebody younger is more likely to wet themselves, but it can easily happen to somebody old.
If it happens to someone truly old (like me), there's a chance he'll get pity rather than scorn. If he's a young adult, he's more likely to get laughed at or get expressions of disgust.