beer at McDonald

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...
beer at McDonald

Post by cutsleeve »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/ ... 1#image=27

Looks like you can buy and drink beer at McDonald's in Europe and test out your holding ability at McDonald's there as well as party with your friends at Mcdonald's instead of going to the clubs. For some reason, McDonald's in the united states doesn't serve beer. has anyone tried the beer at McDonald's, and if so do they like it? Do people go to McDonald's to drink beer instead of drinking at the clubs? or is a beer only served if you order food also so it is not a drinking place? Does beer come just by the glass there or does it also come by the pitcher there in Europe at McDonald's??
Fred
Site Staff

Re: beer at McDonald

Post by Fred »

I'm not sure if serving beer is a benefit to McDonalds' "family" image!
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

Fred wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 09:04 I'm not sure if serving beer is a benefit to McDonalds' "family" image!
Definitely not in the US. This would not be an issue in France where parents can serve wine to their children. I don't know about the rest of Europe.
neodreamwaters
Site Staff

Post by neodreamwaters »

Sam70 wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 22:28 Definitely not in the US. This would not be an issue in France where parents can serve wine to their children. I don't know about the rest of Europe.
You can get beer at McDonald's here in Spain as well. It comes in plastic cups (roughly the same size as the red Solo cups in American movies), but you do have to be 18 or older to get it. Although by law they have to display notices stating that the establishment will be fined if they serve alcohol to anyone under that age, I've never seen them check anyone's ID. In theory, I suppose parents could just order it for themselves and let other people have a sip of it, and generally in Spain alcohol isn't such a big deal as it is in North American countries. The first example that comes to mind is that we've mastered responsible day drinking here: lunch breaks are two hours long or so in many places, and it's not unusual to go out for a pint with lunch with some colleagues and then go back to finish the last few hours of the working day. My American friends who live here say that this would be a bit scandalous on the other side of the pond.
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

In the UK McD don't serve alcohol, but at the same point you can only use the Drive Thru in a vehicle. In other parts of the world, it doesn't have to be a motorised vehicle.

In the Netherlands a freind send a photo of him and his friends going through a McD on their bicycles!

In the UK I've seen things stuck in the Drive Thru's; From 18 ton horse boxes, vans and even Police Vans!