Movie/TV Scenes

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Movie/TV Scenes

Post by Fred »

Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Well...!

Thank you Shinji09 for the pointer and Fred for providing the goods. I've just sat through the lot. And oh good grief!

I nearly gave up during the first of the three clips actually because it really is almost a caricature of a weak sitcom with one-dimensional characters, predictable jokes of the nudge-nudge-wink-wink style, and canned laughter. I could almost sense the contempt which the actors must have felt for the roles they had to play.

But persevering to the end left me marvelling at all the plot twists surrounding that deputy head's bladder. Those plot elements could have done justice to our site here.

Great episode. But I'm not going to look out for the boxed DVD set of the series. :shock:
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Starting with the writing of the script, on through all the people who participated in producing this episode, some of them are worthy of membership here!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 08:49 Starting with the writing of the script, on through all the people who participated in producing this episode, some of them are worthy of membership here!
Yes, I thought the same! It made me a little nervous being so rudely critical in case the scriptwriter Steven Moffat is indeed one of our members. Mr. Moffat, if you're here, I apologize, but I think you too would agree that you've written and produced much better work than "Chalk" through your illustrious career.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

There's a scene in the old 1994 British comedy Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge where Alan (actor Steve Coogan) is on the "Wheel of Death" on his live chat show, strapped to it while the magician Tony le Mezmer (David Schneider) throws knives at him just missing. Throughout the episode Alan has been bragging to his live audience about how brave he is to be going to do that, but when it finally comes to it he panics while the magician is getting ready to throw the knives and asks to be taken off the wheel again. The magician doesn't heed his panicked pleas and goes ahead, whereupon you can see Alan wetting himself while the knives are thrown at him during the roll of the end credits. I'm pretty sure that Steve Coogan as Alan must really have had to piss his pants to film this.

Sadly I can't find it on Youtube. The nearest I can find is this clip, but frustratingly the clip ends just before Alan wets himself.

Does anyone else remember this one, and can anyone find the full clip with the wetting as well?
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Brian wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 12:43 There's a scene in the old 1994 British comedy Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge where Alan (actor Steve Coogan) is on the "Wheel of Death" on his live chat show, strapped to it while the magician Tony le Mezmer (David Schneider) throws knives at him just missing. Throughout the episode Alan has been bragging to his live audience about how brave he is to be going to do that, but when it finally comes to it he panics while the magician is getting ready to throw the knives and asks to be taken off the wheel again. The magician doesn't heed his panicked pleas and goes ahead, whereupon you can see Alan wetting himself while the knives are thrown at him during the roll of the end credits. I'm pretty sure that Steve Coogan as Alan must really have had to piss his pants to film this.

Sadly I can't find it on Youtube. The nearest I can find is this clip, but frustratingly the clip ends just before Alan wets himself.

Does anyone else remember this one, and can anyone find the full clip with the wetting as well?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlP_TQr3EmY
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Yes!! Scene starts at about 5:45.
Thanks Lee. It's good to know I didn't imagine it.
FloodGate
Active

Post by FloodGate »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1lIhym ... llerKurous

It's just the first three minutes, but it's pretty entertaining to me.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 14:09
Staged, but cute.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 14:09
Staged, but cute.