In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Re: In the News

Post by Sam70 »

Fred wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 18:51
Bigdog wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 13:15 In the Uk, there is often frequent news articles about toilet policy in schools
No doubt some of those in authority who created restrictive toilet policies were the victims of similar ones and consider them somehow appropriate. And perhaps a few derived sadistic pleasure when they imagined students struggling to control an overfull bladder. But they are piss-poor educational practices!
It appears that toilet policies in the UK get much more news articles than here in the US.

I agree Fred. What you describe could be considered sexual assault.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Body builder Bassim Yaghi, 32, was lined up for a challenge with other contestants where they were going to fall backwards off a crane into water. Somehow he had a little accident before the challenge even began. The strict, merciless challenge director showed no mercy to Bassim when he noticed he'd wet himself.

The article contains a full description of the incident complete with pictures and video.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... lenge.html
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

There is missing information. How long were the contestants left in the dark? Was it a place outside were a person could water the hedge?

If the contestants left inside in a dark room for a very long time where it was so dark people could not even see their hands, it shouldn’t be a surprise that sooner or later one of the contestants would have an accident.

There was no need to make a public comment that one of the contestants had pissed his pants. That was rude.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

There is a legal thought that refusing students the toilet when they are in extreme pain is a form of corporal punishment. Corporal punishment is illegal in schools in the UK and also in many states in the US.

While rare, there can be severe bladder issues resulting from holding more than a 100% of bladder capacity. There are a few people who can control their bladders beyond what is healthful to do causing bladder and kidney issues.

The UN has declared that the government and/or it’s related organizations shall not deny a person the use of the toilet that is under its charge. This includes both students of all ages and prisoners.

This does not mean that the government must provide toilets to the general public. However in a school setting where the students of all ages are under the educational facility, or a person has been picked up by the police, a toilet that is readily available, should be made available to students and prisoners and people being held by the police if needed.

Others have mentioned school toilet policy recently in this thread. I am a retired educator. I did not deny students nor did a student wet or soil their pants.

The secret is to have a quick potty break one hour apart where the students know they have the time to go if needed. Also have clean toilets that are safe and the bullies aren’t given control of the toilets and students feel safe going into the toilets.

I did not have many requests for the toilet during a lesson because I provided a toilet break before and also after each hour long lesson.

It is morally wrong to deny students or prisoners the toilet when clearly they need to go. Both prisoners and students have won law suits against police and teachers with one student winning a 1.5 million dollar law suit against. a teacher and a 1.5 million dollar law suit against the school because the student was denied a toilet request resulting in the student being humiliated at school. This happened in California several years ago.

There is a major law suit by a student in MO because the high school teacher refused to let a high school lad go to the toilet resulting in the lad having an accident during the lesson. The lad and his father are suing both the teacher and the school. The courts allowed this to go to trial even though the school tried to find a reason why this law suit should not proceed. This will be a jury trial. I suspect the lad and his father will win this law suit. Juries. often side with the “people” in-law suits against institutions.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... ash-108953

Britain’s Eurovision hopeful Antony Costa unfastens his trousers then casually urinates against a cash machine.

The singer – whose group Blue were chosen to represent the country in the song contest just three days earlier – is ­pictured near Trafalgar Square, only 30 yards from a ­public toilet. The 29-year-old father of one relieves himself while deep in conversation on his mobile phone, leaving a pool of urine on the ­pavement. After finishing the call, he ­reaches into his back pocket for his ­wallet.
He eventually re-fastens his ­trousers – with total indifference to other people needing to use the Post Office cash machine – after withdrawing a wad of notes.

BBC bosses, who screen ­family favourite Eurovision to a Saturday evening audience of ­millions, have hailed Costa and Blue as the ­“perfect choice” to represent the UK in this year’s contest.

As part of its coverage, the ­Corporation is screening a prime-time, one-hour documentary about the group for whom Eurovision offers a lucrative opportunity to return to the ­public eye. But Costa’s ­shameful behaviour – symptomatic of the worst excesses of anti-social, binge-drinking Britain – may now force a BBC re-think.

The Sunday Mirror has passed on the photographs to the ­Metropolitan Police, who will be ­confronting Costa. He could face a fixed-­penalty fine of up to £100. Police have launched a crack-down on yobs who urinate and vomit in the street in response to public outrage at behaviour which nightly shames towns across ­Britain. They will be particularly ­irritated that he didn’t use a public lavatory which was in such easy reach.

Costa, whose hits with Blue ­include Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word and All Rise, relieved himself almost within view of Charing Cross police station. George Iatrou, manager of the Post Office on William IV Street where the incident took place, said Costa should be dropped from Eurovision. “This is appalling,” he said. “We clean the machines every day but what he has done is disgusting. We shouldn’t have to clean up after people behaving like this – it’s not a civilised way to ­behave.”

The Sunday Mirror revealed last week that Blue – who formed in 2001 and have sold 13 million records – will be the UK’s Eurovision choice. The contest is expected to be watched by seven million viewers here and 70 million across Europe when it is staged in Dusseldorf on May 14. There was a hostile reaction to the choice of Blue from contest followers who branded the group – made up of Costa, Duncan James, Simon ­Webbe and Lee Ryan – as “has-beens”. Many said the BBC should have chosen a fresher act.
BBC head of entertainment and events Katie Taylor insisted: “We’re enormously pleased to have found an act that not only meets but exceeds all the criteria for a great entry. Blue are the perfect choice and we’re so proud to have them ­representing us.”

Celebrating the news on ­Wednesday night, Costa attended a party for Dancing On Ice stars at the Sanctum Hotel in London’s Soho.
At midnight, he left with a group for nightclub Bungalow 8 in St Martins Lane. At 3.30am, looking slightly ­unsteady, he emerged from a side door and went down an alleyway talking on his phone. He hailed a black cab to the cash ­machine 50 yards away. He got back into the taxi after relieving himself and getting his money out, and drove off.

Neil Park, 52, landlord of The Chandos pub ­opposite the cash machine, said: “It’s disgusting. He is urinating against a cash machine that people have to touch.” Student Saori Yanagi, 27, from ­Japan, who used the cash machine a day later, said: “People in Japan have more respect than to do something like this. This is ­embarrassing for his country.”

In 2005, Costa’s ex Lucy Bolster revealed how he dumped her by phone when she was six months’ pregnant with their daughter Emilie.
Last March police and council chiefs cracked down on people urinating in the street in ­Westminster. A total of 31 people were prosecuted and fined in ­excess of £1,900. A spokesman for Scotland Yard last night said that the matter was being taken seriously.
He said: “We do not condone this type of behaviour and this incident will be looked into.”
Laws he may have broken

ANTONY Costa’s ­behaviour breaches one of two laws. He could either be prosecuted under the Public Order Act ­because he was likely to have caused “alarm or ­distress” to others, or for being drunk and disorderly. Fines are up to £100.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 12 May 2022, 11:31 https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... ash-108953

Britain’s Eurovision hopeful Antony Costa unfastens his trousers then casually urinates against a cash machine.

[...]
Interesting behaviour from a Eurovision hopeful. He could indeed have found himself cancelled from the contest!

When I was reading this I thought it was the entrant for the current Eurovision whose final is in two days time. But I see now it's from 2011. And Antony and his group didn't lose their Eurovision slot that year because of the very public incontinence of their singer: they represented the UK in the final as planned. Did Antony remember to pee before their performance, I wonder?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 12 May 2022, 12:37
Fred wrote: 12 May 2022, 11:31 https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... ash-108953

[...]
Interesting behaviour from a Eurovision hopeful. He could indeed have found himself cancelled from the contest!

When I was reading this I thought it was the entrant for the current Eurovision whose final is in two days time. But I see now it's from 2011. And Antony and his group didn't lose their Eurovision slot that year because of the very public incontinence of their singer: they represented the UK in the final as planned. Did Antony remember to pee before their performance, I wonder?
I'm finding old stuff on the hard drive of my old computer. I should date them to avoid confusion!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

LOL no problem, Fred, I was just being dim for a moment when I first read it.

It's an extraordinary story. You do get guys who just pee outside in the most inappropriate places whenever they feel the urge, but you don't expect it from someone who's supposed to be representing their country at Eurovision. He took a huge risk there of having it all fall through.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Brian wrote: 12 May 2022, 20:55 LOL no problem, Fred, I was just being dim for a moment when I first read it.

It's an extraordinary story. You do get guys who just pee outside in the most inappropriate places whenever they feel the urge, but you don't expect it from someone who's supposed to be representing their country at Eurovision. He took a huge risk there of having it all fall through.
Sounds like he was at greater risk of having it all fall through his trousers!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Lee wrote: 12 May 2022, 22:38 Sounds like he was at greater risk of having it all fall through his trousers!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's true, he just managed to take emergency action to avoid that.
But with someone standing behind him with a camera and a hotline to the press, he still suffered the embarrassing leakage. ;)