In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Shinji09
Active

Re: In the News

Post by Shinji09 »

Lee wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 15:28 https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... s-28899800

Shame he hasn’t been a bit more forthcoming about some of those long, formal, royal events!

Give it time though, he seems willing to reveal absolutely anything!!
I've gone through the book there is a brief recollection when he went through all three of his piss bags when flying in the army but he doesn't go into further detail. He also mentions trying to lower tensions at William's wedding by mentioning some of the guests probably have too pee as it's been 2 hours.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Shinji09 wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 23:12
Lee wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 15:28 https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... s-28899800

Shame he hasn’t been a bit more forthcoming about some of those long, formal, royal events!

Give it time though, he seems willing to reveal absolutely anything!!
I've gone through the book there is a brief recollection when he went through all three of his piss bags when flying in the army but he doesn't go into further detail. He also mentions trying to lower tensions at William's wedding by mentioning some of the guests probably have too pee as it's been 2 hours.
That’s interesting, thanks. I assume that the wetting incident on the boat is only a brief mention too?

Love the thought of what might have provoked the comment about the wedding guests? Maybe one Harry or William had revealed they needed to go too? :D
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

As I recall there was some discussion about if Harry needed to pee during the wedding ceremony. Harry’s body language indicated that he might really need to pee. Do any of you remember this discussion here at LP?
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Sam70 wrote: 11 Jan 2023, 02:24 As I recall there was some discussion about if Harry needed to pee during the wedding ceremony. Harry’s body language indicated that he might really need to pee. Do any of you remember this discussion here at LP?
Fred started this thread at the time of Harry's own wedding and there was some discussion about Harry himself needing to pee during that ceremony, but it was only speculation. I hadn't heard that his body language actually indicated genuine desperation during his brother's wedding - I'd love to see the footage of that!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

I certainly do remember various comments, not just on this forum but in general, that Harry looked like he might have needed the toilet during the ceremony because he he didn’t seem able to stand still and was constantly fidgiting standing at the alter.

I’m sure there’s footage of the wedding ceremony.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Lee wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 19:19 Amusing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvRAxmhiXl0
It had me in stitches listening to this. Not the most sympathetic podcaster I've ever heard.

I'm guessing Harry just waited a bit too long trying to decide what to do on that boat. The decision got made for him when everything suddenly gave way and let loose. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 00:18
Lee wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 19:19 Amusing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvRAxmhiXl0
It had me in stitches listening to this. Not the most sympathetic podcaster I've ever heard.

I'm guessing Harry just waited a bit too long trying to decide what to do on that boat. The decision got made for him when everything suddenly gave way and let loose. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Harry may be no rocket scientist, but I don't think he's an idiot. The other two incidents referred to may have been when he was "under the influence", and this time he was probably sober. He has doubtless had many other occasions when he's had to hold his bladder, so he might have planned to hold it this time until he was ashore, and Brian says, he might have been considering his alternatives when he lost control.

Why did he put this accident in his book? While I haven't read it, I understand that there are a lot of sensational incidents and comments in the book that will promote sales, and it has become a best-seller - meaning good income for him. I wonder if he's that hard up for money.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

The issue is though, if he lost control whilst he was waiting or trying to decide what to do, that must say something about his bladder control, and I’m sure it must have caused much angst, for both him and his staff, at formal events.

As Fred rightly says, there must have been many occasions when he and other members of the Royal Family have had to hold their bladders for considerable periods of time. A loss of control and wetting himself simply wouldn’t have been an option whilst carrying out his royal duties.

Maybe, he was used to wearing some sort of protection beneath his trousers so that any mishaps would have been concealed. Perhaps on this occasion, he was ‘unprotected’ and had got so used to not having to hold on in desperate times, that he just couldn’t, and the accident occurred?

As for why he included the incident in his book, I guess that’s another topic!
zsrh2002
Involved

Post by zsrh2002 »

I currently live in Canada, but was UK based for a while and subscribe to a magazine called Private Eye, it is is a British fortnightly satirical and current affairs news magazine, founded in 1961. I was reading their Christmas Issue (I got it late due to the UK postal strikes) and there was a an on topic article about a journalist from the Guardian Newspaper, who seems to have the same fetish as we do here. Over 2022 he mentioned something related to pee 4 times. Unfortunately there is no online version of the article. But here it is (from Private Eye Issue #1588), I even found the original articles online from the Guardian Newspaper which I have linked below:
PRIVY COUNSEL

PRIVATE EYE columnist of the year 2022, was without doubt the the Guardian's Adrian Chiles. And this year he had one thing on his mind

"I have one question for delivery drivers - do you need to use my toilet?" Adrian Chiles, Guardian 24 February

"I have a urinal in my flat and it has changed my life" Adrian Chiles, Guardian 21 April

"I recently saw something in a petrol station toilet southbound on the M1 that I can never unsee." Adrian Chiles, Guardian 21 September

"I have long been quietly proud of my bladder control. Not for the me the frequent, often urgent, toilet visits of my middle-aged friends"
Adrian Chiles, Guardian 17 November