In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: In the News

Post by Fred »

One of the hazards of public intoxication. Over the years I've seen several drunk guys pee in inappropriate places (or in pants).
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Ethics row rages after South Sudan leader wets himself on live TV.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... salva-kiir
Connor
Involved

Post by Connor »

Good article about being desperate in a toilet queue at a Pride event in Manchester. The guy in question is 33, apparently queued for a VIP toilet which he wasn't allowed to use, then had to queue for an hour for other toilets. I love the some of the descriptions directly from him, saying that he was standing with crossed legs and sweating, to the point that people were asking if he was okay. And later in the article he mentions it was like being a kid again, jumping up and down needing the toilet!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-24881657
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Saw this a while ago. The descriptions are great, but the comments all suggested that it may have been faked as he could have used the toilet in any of the bars? I live in Manchester and have been to pride numerous times!!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Wombat48 wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 19:53 Saw this a while ago. The descriptions are great, but the comments all suggested that it may have been faked as he could have used the toilet in any of the bars? I live in Manchester and have been to pride numerous times!!
There well could have been some exaggeration here, though if this was typical of other gatherings of thousands of people, the lines at the portaloos might have been quite long. When you're holding a full bladder, minutes seem like hours.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... s-28899800

Shame he hasn’t been a bit more forthcoming about some of those long, formal, royal events!

Give it time though, he seems willing to reveal absolutely anything!!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Lee wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 15:28 https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... s-28899800

Shame he hasn’t been a bit more forthcoming about some of those long, formal, royal events!

Give it time though, he seems willing to reveal absolutely anything!!
Royals - and all celebrities - can have an awkward time finding a time and place to pee in privacy. Few of them want their willies to be appraised by the public. I'm sure Harry has had lots of practice in holding his bladder, but apparently when he was sailing he was overly optimistic, and there was no staff member to run interference for him.

Regarding his "revealing" book, there are some family secrets that don't need to be told, unless you're relying on sensationalism to increase your book sales. At least he delayed publishing until his grandmother was gone.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Fred wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 15:43
Regarding his "revealing" book, there are some family secrets that don't need to be told, unless you're relying on sensationalism to increase your book sales. At least he delayed publishing until his grandmother was gone.
The guy is seriously unhinged. Okay, telling the world he wet his pants is bizarre, but describing seeing the Queen on her bed after she’d passed away is horrifically warped.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Lee wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 15:51
Fred wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 15:43
The guy is seriously unhinged. Okay, telling the world he wet his pants is bizarre, but describing seeing the Queen on her bed after she’d passed away is horrifically warped.
I used to think of Harry as a cool guy. I wonder if his wife is the source of some of his recent behaviors.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Oh I think he's as cool as he always was. It's pretty hard to imagine, but if I try to picture myself as going through the very peculiar life he's had I can see myself reacting like that too, getting out of it all and then airing my grievances by attacking the whole thing from a safe distance.

I love the admission about wetting his pants on the boat. I hadn't read that before.