In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: In the News

Post by Fred »

I suspect that the news agencies in the US are reluctant to publish anything that would embarrass our police departments, but given that officers are often out and busy for hours at a time, there surely must be times when they need to pee urgently and there's no opportunity to go. Perhaps the Polish newspapers aren't so bashful.
danjacob
Active

Post by danjacob »

Brian wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 16:21
danjacob wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 21:17 I've red an article about bad working condition of policemen during the large anti-government protests in Poland. They are protected by crowds of policemen who do not have access to the porta-potties because they are surrounded by protesters. Policemen are at the mercy of offices or shops.

I would love to see a policeman in a very desperate situation with no toilets.
Do you by any chance have a link to the article? If it's in a language which the rest of us don't understand, we can hopefully still use Google Translate to understand it. I'd be interested to read it.

Of course we're well catered for with fictional stories about this situation, thanks to our brilliant and prolific contributor Lee. Some of Lee's many stories are on this site. Just one example: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96
I haven't posted the link because this article is about polish politics and I know this site isn't about it. :p
This is polish language but we have google translate. Unfortunately there is only one short section about no toilets.

The link: http://www.polsatnews.pl/wiadomosc/2017 ... -potrzeba/
I suspect that the news agencies in the US are reluctant to publish anything that would embarrass our police departments, but given that officers are often out and busy for hours at a time, there surely must be times when they need to pee urgently and there's no opportunity to go. Perhaps the Polish newspapers aren't so bashful.
Our mainstream media are against ruling party so articles like this show unprofessional job of our ministers.
telegram: danjacob122 | twitter: danjacob122
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

https://nos.nl/artikel/2187067-medewerk ... wagen.html

This might have caused an interesting situation (but the article doesn't tell us if it did),

The article is in Dutch. Below is my translation.
Employees trapped in money transit vehicle for an hour and a half

Employees of cash transit company SecurCash have been trapped for an hour and a half in a money transit vehicle in Dronten.

In the vehicle, which was parked at a shopping centre at the time, a technical problem arose whereby two employees could not get out of the secure vehicle, according to News Service Flevoland. One of them was sitting in the back of the vehicle. The other was in the driving seat. "There is a barrier between them which meant that they could not reach each other," according to a spokesperson from the fire brigade.

The vehicle's driver received instructions from the fire brigade to drive to the fire brigade's headquarters. Once there, and attempt was made to break open the vehicle with special tools. "That attempt was unsuccessful. But we were able to bore a hole in the vehicle in order to give the man in the back a bottle of water," the spokesperson reports. Not until later on could the two employees be freed using a spare key.
It just strikes me that the man in the back must have needed that bottle of water pretty badly for them to have to drill a hole in the vehicle like that, and I'm wondering if it was actually the bottle he needed more than the water in it... :shock:
burstingguys
Site Staff

Post by burstingguys »

An old piece that was new for me was this tidbit about a (likely over-hydrated) Conor McGregor finding relief in the bushes during a long workout:
Conor McGregor was forced into the bushes of an LA park to answer a call of nature while training

The Irishman was pictured relieving himself in some bushes before returning to his training session

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ufc/ar ... -Aldo.html

Reminded me of that Cristiano Ronaldo story a while back where he was spotted urinating behind a car immediately after leaving a club. One of course wonders if the line for the mens room was simply too long and he chose to take his chances relieving himself in public rather then risk a far more humiliating situation should he try and wait and get caught short.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ropez.html
"I gotta get in there man!"
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Toilets stopped working on flight from New York City to Seattle, resulting in "emergency" diversion to Billings, Montana.

http://komonews.com/news/local/seattle- ... in-montana
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

googlism2008 wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 17:17 Toilets stopped working on flight from New York City to Seattle, resulting in "emergency" diversion to Billings, Montana.

http://komonews.com/news/local/seattle- ... in-montana
Considering the short turn-around time for many flights, I'm sure things like toilets may not be checked every time. Some maintenance person is going to get grief over this. I suppose they could have just issued plastic bags or large towels for those in immediate need, but perhaps it was the pilot who had to go….
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

http://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/219942/Po ... n-tegelijk

(In Dutch. Translation below:)
Police arrest man who manages to pee and withdraw cash at the same time

KROMMENIE - The local police officers in Krommenie yesterday evening arrested a man who was peeing and withdrawing cash from a wall machine at the same time. As reported by the Zaanstreek police on Facebook. The 'multitasker' was given a fine.

"It wasn't just the man who could do two things at once. So could we. We gave the man a lecture while at the same time writing out a ticket for him," the police joked on Facebook.

It isn't known how exactly the man managed to 'aim' and type in his PIN.
Adrian6970
Entrenched!

Post by Adrian6970 »

Here in the UK we're in the midst of a bitter cold snap which has resulted in a lot of snow and ice. Yesterday I heard reports of people being stuck on motorways for hours on end and you can probably figure where my imagination went on hearing about it.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

I do sympathise with people stuck in their cars on the motorways in below freezing conditions for 20 hours, as has been reported. But there's also been some reports of trains being stuck for 5-6 hours with no working toilets. Apparently, when they switch off the power supply as they had to as people were walking along the lines, the toilet doors on the trains automatically shut and can't be re-opened. Quite a few tweets about desperate passengers and one desperate man was trying to kick the toilet door open!!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I would assume that public urination laws are suspended under such circumstances. :shock: