In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Keith
Can't stay away...

Re: In the News

Post by Keith »

Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

The pee-er looks like someone I'd want as a friend, and the "trick" is the sort of thing I might have done in my youth. This is a great find!

I'm picturing the guy (apparently the shy type) needing to go so bad that despite his shyness he insisted that his friend stop the car. This could be the basis for a short story, and if a writer developed the character as someone who frequently got "caught short", it could become a longer one. Great find!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Indeed, a very interesting article. Thanks very much Keith. And I agree with Fred that this would be a great basis for a story. Does any writer here feel inspired by Keith's news article?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

In today's paper there was an article about a local resident who is in the Guinness Book of World Records for the old arcade game, Donkey Kong. It mentions that before a competition he would eat and drink very little, because a championship match could last 3.5 hours, and "that's a long time without going to the bathroom". Clearly, he's not a marathon holder. ;)
When there was a video arcade in a nearby mall, the players were almost entirely male, and I noted a lot of dancing at the machines as well as quick dashes to the men's room. Some games didn't have a "pause" function, and no one was going to leave if they were on a winning streak!
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Fred wrote:Top 15 Athletes Who Have Wet Themselves During Competition
I read that triathletes, those wearing the one-piece trisuits, regularly just let go in their suits because it is too cumbersome to take off.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

googlism2008 wrote:I read that triathletes, those wearing the one-piece trisuits, regularly just let go in their suits because it is too cumbersome to take off.
Sounds likely. The swimming part would ensure that they get away with that even if they have to change in front of other people afterwards.

I guess it's a learned behaviour. Most people have such a strong natural aversion to peeing while clothed that they might not be able to even if they want or need to. Also, I guess the timing has to be right if you're competing in a triathlon. You can't very easily pee while you're exerting yourself. Maybe the downhill stretch of the cycling section is a good time to let go. ;)
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

With some sports, players have access to toilets between innings/quarters/periods, if they choose, but cyclists don't have that luxury. We've seen many pics of them at the roadside, and some of them managing to relieve themselves while in motion, but the rest may rely on the fact that their synthetic outfits let the pee pass through easily and will dry out quickly. I suppose it takes some effort to put aside potty training to do that, but I hope that some learn to enjoy it. :o

Whenever I watch any sport, I keep in mind that the players need to keep well-hydrated, and that at any given moment, one or more of them may need a wee. ;)
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3106952
Milwaukee man kicked off Delta flight for using bathroom as plane waited on tarmac

BY
Terence Cullen
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, April 27, 2017, 8:09 AM

If you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go.

A man was booted from a Delta Air Lines flight earlier this month after he insisted on going to the bathroom as the plane awaited takeoff.

[...]

[Kima] Hamilton told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel he had to pee as the plane sat on the tarmac waiting to take off.

He went back to the bathroom, where a flight attendant told him the plane would lose its takeoff spot if he relieved himself.

"I don't normally pee right before I get on the plane, and I've never had a problem like this before,” he told the newspaper. “I don't remember drinking an abnormal amount of water.”

But the wait became so intense that he couldn’t hold it anymore.

[...]

Fellow passenger Krista Rosolino, who was on the flight with her husband, recorded a video of the exchange and posted a lengthy blog post about it.

“My take-away from this experience is that I will not be flying Delta again,” wrote Rosolino, a Milwaukee attorney. “Who treats a person like this? Have you forgotten that the people that pay to fill the seats are actually human beings who sometimes have emergencies (like having to use the bathroom when you have been waiting on the plane for an hour)?”

[...]
danjacob
Active

Post by danjacob »

I've red an article about bad working condition of policemen during the large anti-government protests in Poland. They are protected by crowds of policemen who do not have access to the porta-potties because they are surrounded by protesters. Policemen are at the mercy of offices or shops.

I would love to see a policeman in a very desperate situation with no toilets.
telegram: danjacob122 | twitter: danjacob122
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

danjacob wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 21:17 I've red an article about bad working condition of policemen during the large anti-government protests in Poland. They are protected by crowds of policemen who do not have access to the porta-potties because they are surrounded by protesters. Policemen are at the mercy of offices or shops.

I would love to see a policeman in a very desperate situation with no toilets.
Do you by any chance have a link to the article? If it's in a language which the rest of us don't understand, we can hopefully still use Google Translate to understand it. I'd be interested to read it.

Of course we're well catered for with fictional stories about this situation, thanks to our brilliant and prolific contributor Lee. Some of Lee's many stories are on this site. Just one example: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96