Tips For Holding It

Reposted material. Such as stories that have been copied from other sites and are not your own. If they are your own, you may put them in the 'stories' section. When posting please link to the original URL and the author. Please remember to copy the story in full.
AlphaJock
Active

Re: Tips For Holding It

Post by AlphaJock »

These tips that I've overheard guys give each other may not be the best tips but they certainly have led to some interesting situations.

1. Drink a caffeinated soda after every 3 beers to keep you alert and to help avoid "beer bladder." (One of the best terrible pieces of advice I've heard and from what I saw later in the day his group of friends took it to heart.)

2. Remember that it's all in your head and it isn't possible for grown men to have real accidents. Guys can wait as long as they need to wait. (As helpful as this guy was trying to be to his mate, this myth was disproven very quickly.)

3. Don't leave your place in line. There probably aren't any other bathrooms and you'll get a ticket if you try and pee outside. (There was a huge block of chemical loos a few streets over with very short lines.)
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

AlphaJock wrote: 30 May 2022, 17:59 These tips that I've overheard guys give each other may not be the best tips but they certainly have led to some interesting situations.

1. Drink a caffeinated soda after every 3 beers to keep you alert and to help avoid "beer bladder." (One of the best terrible pieces of advice I've heard and from what I saw later in the day his group of friends took it to heart.)

2. Remember that it's all in your head and it isn't possible for grown men to have real accidents. Guys can wait as long as they need to wait. (As helpful as this guy was trying to be to his mate, this myth was disproven very quickly.)

3. Don't leave your place in line. There probably aren't any other bathrooms and you'll get a ticket if you try and pee outside. (There was a huge block of chemical loos a few streets over with very short lines.)
1. I've heard the advice to chug a bottle of water after every beer to avoid dehydration and a hangover. (Hmm. Maybe that was me telling a friend to get him desperate before me.)

2. A healthy young male can hold his pee longer than he thinks he can. (This was me telling a friend who was asking me to make an emergency roadside stop.)

3. You don't want to lose your place in line to get into a venue where there are rest rooms (even though there's a fast food place just down the street).
SoakdBrute
Active

Post by SoakdBrute »

AlphaJock wrote: 30 May 2022, 17:59 These tips that I've overheard guys give each other may not be the best tips but they certainly have led to some interesting situations.

Some well-intentioned (and typically masculine) advice: Rather than soothing your buddy's feelings and trying to tell them it's going to be okay, reminding them that they're a grown man and they can't just piss their pants, so that they're encouraged to grit their teeth and overcome the challenge. It's easy to imagine a guy with a bladder of steel, who hydrates regularly and takes breaks to urinate just three times a day on a consistent schedule, saying this to someone who isn't as used to holding it, or who may even come from a rural background where there's lots of woodlands and dudes get used to just watering the grass whenever they get the urge. Whatever the situation, the psychological support is probably welcome to a man in need (whether or not it actually works that way in practice.)
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

We need to hear the full story on this!
AlphaJock
Active

Post by AlphaJock »

This was in a queue for the loo's at a street festival. He had rushed up to the front with a hand down his shorts and tried to go behind the lavatory block with his friends providing privacy but security stopped him before he could get started. The guy in front of me felt bad for him and said he would let him cut. He joined the line and immediately said that he wouldn't be able to make it. He alternated between stomping in place and dropping down in a frozen squat while his friends tried to calm him down telling him he didn't have to go as bad as it felt like he did and that there was no way he wouldn't make it since he was so fit. He started to lose it completely just a few moments before the loo was free. His friend had already gotten a spare pair of sweats out of their bag and he took them in with him so nobody would see his accident when he came out.