Ichannel

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Ichannel

Post by Brian »

Wombat48 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 10:32 I I purchased once and it was good but to be honest there was less free content around then! What I find slightly irritating as an older man, is that they only use very young models. My own content, although anonymous, remains popular irrespective of my age, not clear why commercial producers still hang onto the notion that youth is everything???
While I agree that the Ichannel subjects are hardly a cross-section of humanity when it comes to age, most being probably in the range 18-24, there have been a few of more mature years than most people in the modelling world (I use the word "modelling" because we're not in Stronger Interests ;) ). I would judge both Sportylad and Surferlads to be possibly around 30, and Swimmerlad looks to be approximately 40. That's not our age, I know, but it's a better representation than the actors used by most similar organisations.

And to state the obvious: younger models sell better. The film-maker does need to make a living from the enterprise.

I do however think that it's a pity there's no racial diversity in the models.
Last edited by Brian on 17 Oct 2021, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Brian wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 08:10
Wombat48 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 10:32 I I purchased once and it was good but to be honest there was less free content around then! What I find slightly irritating as an older man, is that they only use very young models. My own content, although anonymous, remains popular irrespective of my age, not clear why commercial producers still hang onto the notion that youth is everything???
While I agree that the Ichannel subjects are hardly a cross-section of humanity when it comes to age, most being probably in the range 18-24, there have been a few of more mature years than most people in the modelling world (I use the word "modelling" because we're not in Stronger Interests ;) ). I would judge both Sportylad and Surferlads to be possibly around 30, and Swimmerlad looks to be approximately 40. That's not our age, I know, but it's a better representation than the actors used by most similar organisations.

And to state the obvious: younger models sell better. The film-maker does need to make a living from the enterprise.

I do have one criticism about the range of models which I think is more justified, and that is that there is no racial diversity.
Thanks Brian- I’m not up to speed, I stand corrected :)
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Thanks Wombat. I've edited my post slightly since you replied because I was being too harsh myself. ;)
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

Just to weigh into the realistic vs unrealistic portrayal of desperation debate: The iChannel lads obviously have full bladders, but it seems like they are probably told not to be discreet. So I think the realistic vs unrealistic thing is a bit of an apples and oranges situation. I think the reactions of the guys are realistic (ie, squirming, crotch grabbing etc) but at the same time I think that most people would try to be a bit more discreet (if in public, anyway), so maybe in that sense it's not as realistic as it could be. I think all of us probably try to hide our desperation when we're in public, very differently to when we are on our own, or with someone we are very comfortable with (like a best friend), but the iChannel guys are clearly told to have their desperation on full display, probably for greater customer satisfaction. So i see both points of view. Maybe their reactions are realistic but their lack of discretion isn't.
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

Must admit a bit of racial diversity would be nice but I don’t find it a necessity as I really don’t care what colour someone is. If I like them, I like them.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

If it were possible to communicate a holder's physical sensations and thought process, we'd have some great videos! But urgency and desperation can only be videoed via the holder's actions, and the actors in staged clips invariably over-act. Also, urgency and desperation evolve over time, and a video needs to be much shorter than that. That's why, in general, I am not excited by most videos that are scripted/staged.
Kissa
Active

Post by Kissa »

Dazza88 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 11:33
Kissa wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 07:24
Dazza88 wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 23:38 I just think the guy that was running it wasn't getting enough business so he hasn't do any recently.
I very much doubt that! Since the crackdown on piracy websites like Thisvid a few years ago, they've been producing a lot of new stuff. As long as we all do our part to report illegal uploads to them, there should always be plenty of new stuff. And they have a section on ichannel.me (bright colours logo) where you can do some legit free down loads.
I was referring to wet accident, not ichannel.
Yes it's a shame Wet Accident wasn't making enough money. I think it's because they're British based. The actors probably wanted top dollar. iChannel is of British origin but moved to South Africa to cut on production costs, like a lot of British and American movie companies.
Kissa
Active

Post by Kissa »

Wombat48 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 16:13
Dazza88 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 11:36
Kissa wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 07:10

On the contrary, I find the desperation very realistic most of the time, especially Coxlad, Sportylad and Cutelad.
Clearly we have different opinions.
I think that Kissa may be the owner of I Channel?? So perhaps is not the most objective view point?? 😂😂
Lol! I wish! You'd have plenty of cute Swedish boys from my gym and I won't even have to pay them ;)
Kissa
Active

Post by Kissa »

Brian wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 08:10

I do however think that it's a pity there's no racial diversity in the models.
I saw a post somewhere once, a long time ago. The owner said that customers get angry when he even puts black people as extras in the videos. As they're now based in South Africa, I think they probably get a lot of interest from black actors.
Kissa
Active

Post by Kissa »

bearshel wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 11:10 Just to weigh into the realistic vs unrealistic portrayal of desperation debate: The iChannel lads obviously have full bladders, but it seems like they are probably told not to be discreet. So I think the realistic vs unrealistic thing is a bit of an apples and oranges situation. I think the reactions of the guys are realistic (ie, squirming, crotch grabbing etc) but at the same time I think that most people would try to be a bit more discreet (if in public, anyway), so maybe in that sense it's not as realistic as it could be. I think all of us probably try to hide our desperation when we're in public, very differently to when we are on our own, or with someone we are very comfortable with (like a best friend), but the iChannel guys are clearly told to have their desperation on full display, probably for greater customer satisfaction. So i see both points of view. Maybe their reactions are realistic but their lack of discretion isn't.
When I'm desperate I try to hide it as best as I can. But when I'm SUPER desperate like the guys in the videos, after drinking 2 litres and having to hold it for 2 hours after finishing it (often stated in the descriptions) I have to grab, even if it's just through my pocket. Next time you go to the pub, drink 4 pints of beer and then start the clock...