The Burger Stand

Stories, writings, literature, partial stories, multiple chapters etc. Discussions within the stories threads also permitted and encouraged. Please get involved, we always like new and old material, and different writing styles. Please do not post any sexual references here, there is another section for those stories (SI).
evergreen
Well Known Member
The Burger Stand

Post by evergreen »

This tale goes back to the mid 1970's when I had bought myself a house and my full time job did not bring enough money to live on. Desperate, I got myself a weekend job working on a burger van at various events. On the day I describe we were parked up in the South East of England in a car park in Ashdown Forest.

Joe my boss drove the van there and sorted me out and told me he would be back later to see how things were going with me, then jumped into his second van that had been following and headed off with that guy to a different location in a lay-by on some main road, I know not where.

No sooner that I opened up there were folk waiting and a queue formed. It was hard graft keeping up with business but I was quite pleased with myself coping as well as I was, slicing onions, frying the burgers, slicing rolls and dishing out endless coffee and tea. An hour had passed and I needed a piss. I realised when the initial non-stop action ceased. It had never entered my thought train that I might need to pee and had no idea what to do about it except hope Joe came back soon. He didn't and I was trapped in the van. Slowly the need got greater and after two hours had passed I was worried, very worried.

I was grateful for the good apron I was wearing and that it even covered a good deal of my backside. Something told me cover was whatI would need. I mean 'would need' because whilst pouring the last coffee for a customer I had fought hard to stop my first trickle of wee. I could feel the wet patch in my briefs.

A few years earlier at football with my Dad he had told me, after I'd wet myself, that the best way to cope was to dribble your way through the crisis, letting small amounts out trying not to let it soak through your trousers and that was what I resorted to now.

I was so needing to piss that when I let go the first dribble on purpose it was hard to stop but after a few seconds I was under control. My Jockeys were much wetter now . I gave it a few minutes and released again. It was warm and coping like this was not so bad really. No one could see. I couldn't see either, just feel the warmth of the wee and the increasing wetness of my briefs and that my old cords were getting wet down between my legs. My confidence increased and when I got a quiet moment I got a chance to sit on the high stool and I ceased the dribbles and just let it happen. Business had slowed and every now and again I served another customer some trickles would run down my legs but I knew the damage was confined to my upper regions.

Business slowed and I began to tidy up. Joe returned and asked me how I'd got on. He seemed impressed with the takings and told me I had a weekend job permanently if I wanted it, I thanked him and told him I'd take it, took off my apron and he saw my soggy light brown cords. He grinned and then burst out laughing, apologised for dumping me and gave me an extra fiver.

Over the years I've had many accidents, along with a few "accidents" as well. I have often remembered my Dad's advice about dribbles and short bursts and am still grateful for it so many years later.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: The Burger Stand

Post by Brian »

You describe all this so vividly!

Having worked in a busy catering establishment myself, I know how there's often no time to stop. But I wasn't working on my own like you were. I do remember some of the guys I worked with getting desperate to pee during the shift.

Did you find some way of working in those vans subsequently without having to disgrace yourself again?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Good report! Somewhere I have read of similar problems with street vendors who work alone and cannot leave their cart unattended. I suppose that the fellow in the burger stand could have a container to pee in, and during a quiet moment he could shutter the van for a minute or two to use it. Of course, the health department wouldn't approve. :o Or he could use a "stadium buddy" (male external catheter).

These solo vending situations are often staffed by young men in the age bracket of those who don't always plan ahead, especially when it comes to bladder relief.
evergreen
Well Known Member

Post by evergreen »

Brian - in one word NO. After a while - I needed the extra money for around three years till things got better - Joe was happy for me to drive to my venue and operate like a one man band. That suited me. Quite often towards the end of an afternoon or evening I would dribble and do a few relieving squirts in my pants though. Back then H & S was not a problem and in my three years or so in my second jobI took the view that accidents happen.