St. Patrick's Day

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

St. Patrick's Day

Post by Fred »

This year, St. Patrick's Day is on a weekend, and it's most avidly celebrated in South Boston Massachusetts. The weather is unusually cold, so perhaps the celebrants will have an extra nip or pint to keep warm. TV coverage says the police will be actively patrolling to look out for overcrowding and overserving in bars, and the area is expected to be overwhelmed by thousands of visitors for the parade and the alcoholic ambiance. Surely there will also be thousands of full bladders needing relief in the limited facilities that the neighborhood provides. I imagine that anyone wanting a "sighting" will find plenty of them in South Boston today.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Re: St. Patrick's Day

Post by Lee »

Shame it is sub-zero temperatures in Britain at the moment so I suspect any St Patrick's Day events here would be less restrained than might be the case on a warm spring day.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

With such a strong police presence I would expect that peeing in public will be actively discouraged. All those Irish lads out and about, needing to go urgently and no place for relief! :shock:
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

So what options are there for a lad in such a parade with the crowds lining the street if he's had one two many beers, he's been holding on for a while, but then suddenly realises that he's absolutely got to pee right now? What can he do?
Skikid2010
Site Staff

Post by Skikid2010 »

From working at a bar I can tell you its a bigger issue than you think lol! Iv seen so many young 20 somethings that over estimate how much they can drink or don't think that when there are 600 people in a bar shoulder to shoulder, that its going to take a minuet to get to the bathroom. Iv seen some wet pants for sure, unfortunately you do get kicked out for that. I have also had guys just piss while ordering a drink at the bar :oops: :x they also get promptly kicked out lol.
Adrian6970
Entrenched!

Post by Adrian6970 »

Skikid2010 wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 00:19 From working at a bar I can tell you its a bigger issue than you think lol! Iv seen so many young 20 somethings that over estimate how much they can drink or don't think that when there are 600 people in a bar shoulder to shoulder, that its going to take a minuet to get to the bathroom. Iv seen some wet pants for sure, unfortunately you do get kicked out for that. I have also had guys just piss while ordering a drink at the bar :oops: :x they also get promptly kicked out lol.
Tell us more! :x