Mythbusters

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Mythbusters

Post by Fred »

Mythbusters is an often-silly TV series that tests various popular myths, and I happened to hit on one where they were testing the difference in hangover effects between all beer or the same amount of alcohol split between beer and hard liquor. Using the two regular guys on the program, Grant called it quits at 6 beers while Tori drank 14. That’s 10.5 pints! Then they had to sleep, and their hangover was rated in the morning. I was just think about how many times Tori peed! How many times was his sleep interrupted to pee? I’m thinking he’s an experienced beer-drinker with a big bladder. BTW, hangovers are less when you drink a given amount of alcohol split between beer and spirits, according to their "test".
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Mythbusters

Post by Brian »

Maybe he woke up in soaking bed sheets.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Of course it's staged, but with binge drinking being a problem, I was surprised that they would televise a TV personality having had 14 beers in an evening. I could fantasize being there and proposing some holding challenges. ;-)
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

If I recall correctly, Mythbusters also made two guys and one lady do a holding contest. One of the questions they wanted to ask is whether pee dancing helps to hold it in. In the end, the lady won the contest. It was pretty hot to see three people struggling to keep the contents of their bladders in, however I am not sure how much of it was staged.

There was a period of time the entire episode was viewable on YouTube. Most likely it is taken down by now.
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

On nights out in the past, I may have drunk 6-8 pints of lager.

I'd estimate that during the night, I'd have pissed maybe 8 times?

As long as I had a piss before bed, I was usually ok until the morning:)
BottleBlaze
Involved

Post by BottleBlaze »

googlism2008 wrote: 08 Jul 2023, 09:18 If I recall correctly, Mythbusters also made two guys and one lady do a holding contest. One of the questions they wanted to ask is whether pee dancing helps to hold it in. In the end, the lady won the contest. It was pretty hot to see three people struggling to keep the contents of their bladders in, however I am not sure how much of it was staged.

There was a period of time the entire episode was viewable on YouTube. Most likely it is taken down by now.
Oh I never knew about this! I was able to find a small summarized clip of it online.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHW3m7OIUg

Apparently they all held at least 1L of urine. To me that seems like a lot!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

BottleBlaze wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 19:51
googlism2008 wrote: 08 Jul 2023, 09:18 If I recall correctly, Mythbusters also made two guys and one lady do a holding contest. One of the questions they wanted to ask is whether pee dancing helps to hold it in. In the end, the lady won the contest. It was pretty hot to see three people struggling to keep the contents of their bladders in, however I am not sure how much of it was staged.

Oh I never knew about this! I was able to find a small summarized clip of it online.

Kari clearly had the greatest holding capacity, but Tori and Grant did creditable holds of at least a liter. From many years of perusing peeing sites, I have gathered that at least half of the young male population can hold a liter, a much smaller percentage can hold 1.25 liters and relatively few make it to 1.5 liters and beyond. It's hard to judge, since many will pee when the discomfort becomes too great even though they might physically have been able to hold a bit more.
FloodGate
Active

Post by FloodGate »

Fred wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 20:22
BottleBlaze wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 19:51

Kari clearly had the greatest holding capacity, but Tori and Grant did creditable holds of at least a liter. From many years of perusing peeing sites, I have gathered that at least half of the young male population can hold a liter, a much smaller percentage can hold 1.25 liters and relatively few make it to 1.5 liters and beyond. It's hard to judge, since many will pee when the discomfort becomes too great even though they might physically have been able to hold a bit more.
Oh you think that's good? There's an episode where they see whether or not you drive worse with a full bladder and Adam almost pisses himself since he has to drive the race course bursting to pee. They have a urologist on site so you can really see him drink a ton of water before he does it.