London Pride

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
briefs
Site Staff
London Pride

Post by briefs »

Morning all,

quick question for you:)

I'm hoping to go to London Pride this year.

Have any of you ever been? Out and about on the street, what is the toilet situation like? Are there enough portaloos etc, or do you genuinely have to wait in queues?
Brian
Site Staff
Re: London Pride

Post by Brian »

I went to London Pride about three times in the mid to late 1980s. I don't remember the toilet situation being any problem then: plenty at the start and finish of the parade. However, there was a lengthy parade through the London streets.

It was a wonderful experience, especially the first time in 1985. Coming out, being with people like me, absolutely brilliant after so many years of loneliness and feeling "different". You know how it is!

No desperation as far as I can remember, though maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough or paying attention to the right things.

But Pride must be totally different now. Almost certainly much bigger than it was back then. So I don't think my experience is much help to you.
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Brian wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 13:53 I went to London Pride about three times in the mid to late 1980s. I don't remember the toilet situation being any problem then: plenty at the start and finish of the parade. However, there was a lengthy parade through the London streets.

It was a wonderful experience, especially the first time in 1985. Coming out, being with people like me, absolutely brilliant after so many years of loneliness and feeling "different". You know how it is!

No desperation as far as I can remember, though maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough or paying attention to the right things.

But Pride must be totally different now. Almost certainly much bigger than it was back then. So I don't think my experience is much help to you.
Hi Brian,

Yes, that first Pride when you're out and start not to feel alone anymore is fabulous, isn't it?:)
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

And in a way, this site gives the same feeling.
For years , I had this fetish of fantasising over guys busting for a piss, thinking it was a unique fetish...this site proves otherwise!