Brighton Pride Desperation

Stories, writings, literature, partial stories, multiple chapters etc. Discussions within the stories threads also permitted and encouraged. Please get involved, we always like new and old material, and different writing styles. Please do not post any sexual references here, there is another section for those stories (SI).
pants
Active
Brighton Pride Desperation

Post by pants »

The following is a true story of my Brighton Pride desperation, when I was 32. So i should have known better!

However, it was my first time in Brighton, so I had no idea about the lack of toilets on the festival route.

I'd gone with a few mates and we stayed in the camp site.

On the morning of the main event, we'd got dressed and ready for the full day ahead. My outfit was just blue shorts, white t shirt, trainers and white CK pro mesh briefs.

Fast forward to the parade, I really enjoyed it, whilst drinking a couple of cans of Fosters. We followed the parade up past the Pavilion and we stopped off in a pub on the way, for a quick pint. I'm the only pint drinker in the group, the others stay on vodka and coke, so I'm always the most regular pisser.

As usual after lager, the need to piss quickly came upon me. No problem I thought, I'll pop to the toilets before we headed up to Preston Park for the main event.

However, and I've never seen this before, there was a queue for both the mens' and ladies' toilets - ladies queueing for both.

Shit, I thought, either I queue or we press on up to the park.

I chose the park option, what a mistake that was. As soon as we left the pub, I became absolutely busting.

You guys who drink lager will know what I mean! One minute you're ok, and then you've got to go!

if there's any interest, I'll continue!!:))
Lee
Can't stay away...

Re: Brighton Pride Desperation

Post by Lee »

Of course there is…!!
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Don’t do this to us…
ryan1990
Well Known Member

Post by ryan1990 »

Yeah I’d love to hear the rest of the story!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Feeling nervous for you already, even though it's in the past now!
Hope this didn't ruin your Pride.
Please put us out of our misery!
sebby
Active

Post by sebby »

Please continue!
psswalls282
Active

Post by psswalls282 »

Absolutely, please do say what happened. Otherwise this is a c*ck tease and a p*ss tease both!

One of my reasons for my no longer considering marching in NYC pride is that it is a very, very, very long time from when you get in line w/ a group to when the parade ends. And that was in the early 2000s it has only gotten slower / longer duration. Since I became An Old, comfort and bladder capacity is now a concern. (I like desperation, but never in public and never when I can't be in control.)

During World Pride 2019 I happened by the parade route in midtown at 11pm and there were still groups coming through! They must have been waiting an eternity.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

how slow are the floats going for NYC pride? at Chicago pride, they fly by at high speed. try to force the camera to focus on the high-speed parade and it will refuse to focus. then go wildly out of focus and take the picture, then lock all settings for several seconds while it is storing the picture on the memory card. it is an Olympus camera. I thought they were a good camera but I guess not. I worry someone will fall over in front of one of the floats and get run over as fast as they are racing by.
psswalls282
Active

Post by psswalls282 »

cutsleeve wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 09:01 how slow are the floats going for NYC pride? at Chicago pride, they fly by at high speed. try to force the camera to focus on the high-speed parade and it will refuse to focus. then go wildly out of focus and take the picture, then lock all settings for several seconds while it is storing the picture on the memory card. it is an Olympus camera. I thought they were a good camera but I guess not. I worry someone will fall over in front of one of the floats and get run over as fast as they are racing by.
Medium walking speed then stop. Medium walking speed then stop. Medium walking speed then stop. Wikipedia says world pride parade 2019 (Stonewall 50th) took 12 hours maybe 3 to 4 hours usually?
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

must have been all the stops that made the parade last so long in NYC. in Chicago it would be going by really fast with some gaps. groups like the dykes on bikes would stop for a bit, rev their motorcycles then race forward popping wheelies. here Chicago pride would vary between a walk and a run.