The new band member

Stories, writings, literature, partial stories, multiple chapters etc. Discussions within the stories threads also permitted and encouraged. Please get involved, we always like new and old material, and different writing styles. Please do not post any sexual references here, there is another section for those stories (SI).
Brian
Site Staff
The new band member

Post by Brian »

Twenty-two year old Josh blinked the tears away which were forming again on his eyes and nodded at his similarly aged companion's latest remark as he shifted his weight onto his back foot once again in order to regain his balance. The bus, obviously running behind its schedule and cruising along the buslane at some speed, was throwing him slightly towards Steven standing opposite him as it negotiated a bend. He could feel his trumpet in the bag on his shoulders moving against his back as the bus emerged from the curve and ploughed onwards. Josh gripped himself through his white shorts once again as he fought for control, keeping the expression on his face as neutral and attentive as possible despite the hefty discomfort.

"Go on, listen to it and you'll see what I mean," urged Steven above the noise of the speeding bus and the chatter of the other passengers around them. "It's on track five, after the keyboard intro. It's the one I was about to show you when we had to run for the bus. Your trumpet solo should be echoing Phil's vocals in that section, at least in part. By all means develop it and improvise, but make sure the theme is still there. When Phil sings the line 'Hold me, don't let go' we want the trumpet to echo that melody. Listen to how his voice drops a third then rises again on the fourth beat..."

As Steven continued to expound on the finer points of the band's composition, Josh removed his hand from where he had been applying pressure in an effort to ease the discomfort which had built up, lifted his yellow t-shirt slightly and obediently extracted the small electronic player with pre-recorded conceptual songs from where it was tucked into the waistband of his shorts to select the required track. As he operated the device and listened to both the song "Hold me" and to Steven's continued description of the effects which the band had already built into the song and what they wanted to achieve with Josh's added improvisation, Josh gripped once more where he had been holding himself before. His face betrayed only apparent continued attention to Steven's musical description, but as Josh's bladder now started to replace the steadily more persistent signals of fullness, which it had been giving for at least an hour, with a more alarming one of being about to empty itself whether Josh allowed it or not, and not necessarily after the "few more minutes" of journey time which Steven had indicated when Josh had asked about it shortly before, Josh found himself unable to concentrate on the melody emanating from the player. Only the words of the song were registering with him now as Josh continued to balance himself in the speeding bus, trying to dismiss the critically urgent signals from his bladder as unimportant, while Steven's band-mate Phil crooned the words "don't let go, don't let go!" through the earpieces. Josh squeezed again with his free hand on the crotch of his shorts and this time continued to hold his hand there as he fought for control, all the time holding the unsuspecting Steven's gaze without taking in any of what he was saying.

Steven had brought the two audio players with identical recordings to the café-bar where he had met his prospective new band member for the first time two hours earlier, but he had not produced them immediately. The conversation over drinks had concentrated mainly on Josh and Steven getting to know each other and Josh being told about the other three band members and the musical endeavours of the group, but after an hour and a half of this and at the moment when a lull had finally appeared in the conversation so that Josh was about to excuse himself to deal with the effects of the coffee and soft drink which he had consumed with his new friend, Steven had suddenly produced the players, handed one of them to Josh with a set of ear-pieces, and proudly demonstrated the band's compositions as they both listened to the recordings. Josh had concentrated on the melodies and chord sequences of the songs-in-progress, anxious to be in a position to talk intelligently about them with the other band members whom he would be travelling out somewhere with Steven to meet for the first time. Steven had left him listening to an instrumental section while he had brought two more coffees to the table, and Josh, still anxious to maintain a good impression with the lad whose band he hoped to join, had accepted this extra caffeinated beverage in the knowledge that there was a toilet in the corner of the café and he could get up and use it when Steven had finished showing him the songs.

"That last one could perhaps use some trumpet," Josh had commented conversationally as he pulled the earpieces out and drained his coffee cup ready to pay his visit to the toilet which he had been putting off. "I'm looking forward to trying it with you and the others. When do we set off to meet them?" Steven had finally paused after describing how he and the other three members of the band had improvised the fourth track together to which he and Josh had just been listening. Josh wanted to go and pee before Steven started off on the next musical item because the drinks had started to make him feel quite uncomfortable. But protocol demanded some feedback on what they had just listened to before he excused himself.

"It's the next song where we really want your trumpet," Steven had replied to the first remark. To Josh's subsequent question he replied "The bus leaves from the stop round the corner at quarter to..." He glanced at the clock and interrupted himself. "Oops, I got carried away showing you those songs. Quick, the bus goes in two minutes. We've got to run for it!" And thus Josh had found himself hustled outside and into the street at a trot, his aching bladder still unrelieved and the drinks working their way through his system as he hastened behind Steven to the bus stop.

Now, twenty minutes later, Josh was listening to the voice of the unknown band member Phil singing "Hold me, hold me, don't let go!", accompanied by a keyboard synthesizer, guitar and percussion. Josh braced his legs and planted his feet against the rumbling floor of the bus, straining as tried to relegate the urgency signals to insignificance and continue pretending to concentrate on what Steven was saying. He had altered his previous position in which he had been leaning back against the pole to one where he was upright again, his left leg planted in front of, and wrapped slightly round, the other as he faced Steven, one hand holding onto the pole so that he did not topple over, the other hovering near his groin and occasionally grabbing and clutching himself there. As Steven rounded off his technical description of the melody pouring into Josh's ears, he added the question "What do you think?"

Josh could feel the pee seeping down his urethra as held on. "Yeah, it's great, are we almost there now?" he replied. It had been ten minutes since Steven had reported a "few more minutes" when Josh had asked this question the first time, and several minutes since he had received an identical answer the second time he had asked. This third time of asking differed from the previous two, however, in that Josh now felt that he was going to have to get off the bus whatever Steven replied. The conversation about music was on hold as far as Josh was concerned and his bladder could no longer be denied.

"Next stop," replied Steven glancing out of the window and pressing the stop button on the pole. "This is us," he added as the bus began to slow down.

Josh hoisted the bag containing his trumpet so that it was securely on his shoulders and followed Steven towards the doors in the middle of the bus. "Steven, is there a toilet where we stop?" he asked as they reached the doors and stood waiting while the bus drew up alongside. Whether there was a toilet or not, Josh was going to have to relieve himself one way or another in any case. However, peeing in the middle of a street in broad daylight was not the ideal solution to his crisis, especially in front of the keyboard player of the band which Josh was hoping to join. Bolting into the nearest public convenience in front of this guy the instant they alighted from the bus would look less than completely cool too, but the options were running out in any case and damage limitation was in order.

Steven turned round and stared at Josh for a moment. "You need the toilet?" he asked. "Well, I suppose the nearest is on the Alcester Road if you don't want to wait till we reach Kris's house."

Josh buried his hand in his groin again and pressed there as he fought against the pressure. "How far's that?" he asked despite realising with a sinking heart that if it was anywhere other than in the immediate vicinity of the bus stop it would be of no use to him.

But Steven's eye had been caught by a group of three lads who were standing by the stop at which the bus was drawing up. "Hey, they've come to meet us!" he exclaimed. "Obviously they're so keen to see their new band member that they couldn't wait till we arrived," he added as he made to jump out through the opening doors. "Come on, I'll introduce you!"

Josh stumbled out of the bus onto the concrete after Steven. A warm spurt of pee collected in his underwear as he scanned his surroundings. Clamping it off, Josh set his eyes on a wall at the end of a row of houses and started towards it, but the three unfamiliar males had now walked up to him and Steven and were barring the way to Josh's potential relief. Steven was greeting them with slaps on the back, and each stranger was then turning towards Josh and scrutinising him. Josh felt more warmth spurt into his pants and he strained to stop the release once again.

"This is Josh," Steven was saying to his band mates. "Josh, meet Kris, our drummer, who co-writes our songs with me," he continued as he gestured at a tall lad in a tracksuit who was stepping up to Josh with a friendly smile on his face and an outstretched hand.

Josh turned his gaze away from the wall which he had identified and towards Kris, automatically shaking his hand. Another warm squirt escaped into his white shorts, and this time it continued for a second or two before he could clamp it off again. "I'm Kris, good to meet you Josh" the stranger was saying as Josh felt the warmth spread down the front of his groin and underneath.

As Josh succeeded in stopping the flow in his lower regions, he uttered a random pleasantry in reply and removed his hand from Kris' grasp, only to be confronted by another outstretched hand, this time from a young man in a denim jacket and jeans with long hair tied back in a pony tail. "This is Chezzer, our bass guitarist," Steven was saying. "He does vocals too," he added. Josh shook Chezzer's hand but failed to respond to the latter's friendly "Hi there, Josh", merely gasping slightly as he felt the muscles which he had been tensing for so long give up completely and a warm stream starting to run down his bare left leg.

Another hand was extended, this time from a handsome guy in a white suit with open neck shirt. "This is Phil," continued Steven. "He's our lead vocalist and he plays various instruments too." Josh felt the hot pee cascading uncontrollably down both of his legs and collecting in his shoes as he shook Phil's hand. Phil smiled warmly at Josh, but Josh failed to make any eye contact as his now uncontrollable release continued, unnoticed for the moment by any of the four young musicians around him but surely not concealable from them for much longer.

Josh felt the blood rush to his face as he stood there by the bus stop under everyone else's gaze, the worn out muscles of his urinary system now at last in a relaxed state, his legs trembling slightly as they continued to support his weight while the warm pee ran down them, his ears picking up a light splattering noise coming from the concrete under his feet and just audible above the friendly voices, and his mind reeling as he started to come to terms with what was happening. He had been unable to hold on any longer, he was now wetting himself in front of the members of the band he was supposed to be joining, and the first of these guys was going to notice this any moment now. His pee was still flowing through his shorts and down his legs, a full half minute after he had completely lost control. Josh did not dare look down for the moment, but he could feel the soaking warmth filling his training shoes and knew that there must be a puddle on the ground around his feet. The flow continued. If it was even physically possible to stop the hot pee from pouring down his legs and adding to what must be collecting on the ground, Josh's body was refusing to comply in any case.

Steven was addressing the drummer, Kris. "We were heading for your place. Is is still okay for us all to work on the trumpet part in your basement? Oh, and I think Josh needs a pee, so we can best head for the loos on the Alcester Road first."

"Sure," replied Kris and turned to Josh again for confirmation of this last detail in Steven's account of the situation.

Josh cringed and directed his gaze down at the ground as he sensed everyone's attention now on him. There was a silence for a few seconds, the friendly voices now silent and only the noise of a passing car softening the clearly audible splattering sound as the remnants of the reservoir from his bladder bubbled through his sodden shorts, ran downwards over his shaking legs and dripped into the pool which had collected by his shoes.

The silence continued. Josh knew full well that everyone had seen by now, but he kept his gaze resolutely fixed on the ground as the last of his urine flowed out of him and the streams running down his legs gradually dwindled and dried up.

Chezzer was the first to speak. "Yeah, I guess Josh did need a pee," he said quietly.

"Josh, have you pissed your shorts?" asked Phil.

"Can't you see he has?" interjected Kris. "Long bus journey, was it, Josh?"

Josh lifted his face abjectly and looked at Kris. Before he had any time to reply, however, he felt the waistband of his shorts being pulled roughly by Steven who was standing at his side. Steven was extracting the audio player which he had leant to Josh and which had still been tucked into the shorts while he had been wetting them. Using this distraction as a convenient means of avoiding the questions from Phil and Kris and attempting to salvage whatever normality and dignity he could from the situation, Josh pulled the earpieces from where they were hanging round his neck and handed these back to Steven while the latter examined the electronic device for any wetness. "I'm sorry. I don't think I've got it wet," he muttered to Steven. Steven switched it on, ascertained that it still worked, and gave Josh an incredulous glare as he pocketed the player.

"What have you been doing to him, Steven?" asked Kris.

"Just showing him our songs and telling him what we're looking for," replied Steven. "I didn't know he hadn't been toilet trained, did I?"

"Why have you wet yourself, Josh?" asked Phil.

"Let him be, man, he's obviously just had an accident," said Chezzer.

"Why didn't you say earlier if you had to pee that badly?" asked Steven in a frustrated tone.

"What a mess!" exclaimed Kris as he surveyed Josh's sodden state again.

"Couldn't you wait? What on earth was the problem?" demanded Phil.

"I said let him be, Phil!" snapped Chezzer.

More questions and remarks were fired at Josh as he continued to stand there in his puddle. Finally he spoke. "I guess I'd better go home," he said softly. "Sorry," he added as he turned shakily and set off along the road in the direction from which he and Steven had arrived a few minutes before.

He had walked only a few paces when he felt Chezzer's hand on his shoulder, gentle but firm, bringing him to a stop. "You're not going anywhere, Josh, until we've heard how you play the trumpet. Come on, mate, let's get you sorted out."
Lee
Can't stay away...

Re: The new band member

Post by Lee »

Love it! One of the few stories where I've felt genuine heart-wrenching sympathy.
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

Yes, hope there is another chapter in the wings.
zsrh2002
Involved

Post by zsrh2002 »

An excellent story! Well written. Thanks for posting! :D
Bowbow
Well Known Member

Post by Bowbow »

Can't believe I never posted on this originally. I read it but had not linked thd next story.....thicko....need guifed instructions.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

One lesson we all had to learn was when to be assertive. Josh delayed relief out of politeness to Steven until it was too late, and then again when he went to meet the band members instead of insisting that a toilet must come first. In subsequent chapters, we'll see if he has learned his lesson. I suspect not. Or will he become the teacher for someone else?
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

Brian, I read your story and thought it was great, especially as it is inspired by the video you posted!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

bearshel wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 05:14 Brian, I read your story and thought it was great, especially as it is inspired by the video you posted!
Thanks very much!
Pity we can't post the video here in the Open section. It was originally posted on Youtube and whoever posted it there reposted several times after it was removed, but they've tightened up too much now.
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

Brian wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 08:14
bearshel wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 05:14 Brian, I read your story and thought it was great, especially as it is inspired by the video you posted!
Thanks very much!
Pity we can't post the video here in the Open section. It was originally posted on Youtube and whoever posted it there reposted several times after it was removed, but they've tightened up too much now.
Ah I see. And you're welcome!
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

I liked that he got to be in the band after pissing himself in front of them all. Short shorts were a great touch as the pee ran down his bare thighs and calves to the ground. less to get wet that way. how come people have stopped writing stories on this site??