Desperation on Public Transport

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Desperation on Public Transport

Post by Brian »

@bobbob3 Love it! Maybe the wasteland wasn't as secluded as he'd hoped? Quite likely that he chickened out and got on the bus still bursting, isn't it? By the way, it's funny how a lot of us seem to be current or former bus drivers, isn't it? We can't watch the passengers during the journeys, sadly, but we do occasionally have these memorable moments.
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

bobbob3 wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 07:58 Yesterday whilst driving a bus, at one station in the middle of the route I had 5 minutes to wait.

A guy, who was boarding the bus at this stop, mid to late twenties, good looking & slightly bordering into chavvy, came up to me and checked I had 5 minutes before I left. I confirmed I did. He then said "There's no public toilets on the station anymore are there?". I told him this was true, and where the nearest ones were (which he could have got to within the 5 mins).

To my delight he then asked if I'd wait for him whilst he goes over there, pointing to the wasteland area to the side of the station. I said I would and off he jogged.

He gave a sheepish nod when he came back, having been fairly confident in the first conversation so I decided not to push it further. I'd like to think of him confidently blasting his piss into a corner, but his actions did make me wonder if stagefright and nervousness about missing the bus got the better of him and he had a pretty uncomfortable journey!
Nice sighting. Any overt signs of desperation?
dhmhtrios
Arrived

Post by dhmhtrios »

I saw a good one a few years ago. I was on a business trip to San Francisco and decided to do some sight seeing. I was on the metro there and the trains were quite crowded I think from a baseball game. The part of track we were on was outside and elevated near some highways. We stopped for a little bit outside one of the stations with no explanation. Suddenly, a guy who had been sitting by the door in a motorised wheel chair jumped up and sprinted down the crowded car to the cabin doors (between the train cars) grabbing himself. He stood on the small platform between the cars and pissed onto the track. And then he just ambled back in and sat back down, and wheeled away at the next station.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

dhmhtrios wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 06:01 I saw a good one a few years ago. I was on a business trip to San Francisco and decided to do some sight seeing. I was on the metro there and the trains were quite crowded I think from a baseball game. The part of track we were on was outside and elevated near some highways. We stopped for a little bit outside one of the stations with no explanation. Suddenly, a guy who had been sitting by the door in a motorised wheel chair jumped up and sprinted down the crowded car to the cabin doors (between the train cars) grabbing himself. He stood on the small platform between the cars and pissed onto the track. And then he just ambled back in and sat back down, and wheeled away at the next station.
I guess having to pee so badly that you just can't wait for the train to pull into the station does lower certain inhibitions....... :o
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

dhmhtrios wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 06:01 I saw a good one a few years ago. I was on a business trip to San Francisco and decided to do some sight seeing. I was on the metro there and the trains were quite crowded I think from a baseball game. The part of track we were on was outside and elevated near some highways. We stopped for a little bit outside one of the stations with no explanation. Suddenly, a guy who had been sitting by the door in a motorised wheel chair jumped up and sprinted down the crowded car to the cabin doors (between the train cars) grabbing himself. He stood on the small platform between the cars and pissed onto the track. And then he just ambled back in and sat back down, and wheeled away at the next station.
Since he was clearly quite ambulatory for that short distance, one might wonder why he was in a motorized wheelchair, though navigating public transportation systems (especially airports) often requires a lot of walking, and the handicapped are sometimes allowed access to things like elevators that are not available for general use.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Just a minor incident which happened a couple of days ago. Nothing very dramatic. But it perhaps illustrates something about smokers which I think other people have mentioned before: sometimes guys think grabbing a chance for a last cigarette is more important than finding somewhere to piss!

I was driving a bus line connecting two major cities which takes about 50 minutes from one point to the other. It was early evening. I was sitting at one end-point with about 7 minutes to go before my departure time. A young man, around 20-25, wearing denim jeans and jacket, checked with me that I was waiting for 7 more minutes and said he'd have a smoke first. He paced around outside the bus smoking a cigarette, then finally got in with a couple more minutes to spare. He then said: "You don't know if there's a toilet here somewhere, do you?" I thought for a moment, then replied "Sorry, not that I know of." I really didn't. But I thought, without saying so, that he could probably have found somewhere to pee if he'd given that the priority over his cigarette. He then said what best translates as "I guess I'll just have to try and last out, then" as he continued into the bus. I nodded sympathetically.

He walked right to the back of the bus and sat down in the middle of the back seat where he was in full view through my interior mirror. It was a good spot to be out of sight of other passengers, but he couldn't have chosen a more prominent spot for my own field of view!

He sat the whole journey with one leg high up over the other, one ankle resting on the other knee. Not a very stable position for balance when the bus was rounding corners. I guess he wouldn't have sat like that if his bladder hadn't been full! It also turned out he was travelling the whole distance to the other city, 50 minutes journey in total!

Well, he did manage to "last out", to use his words. He waved goodbye to me as he got out of the bus, and my glance at his jeans as he left the bus showed he had stayed dry. As I drove away, I could see him standing uncertainly and uncomfortably in the city centre street, clearly not familiar with the area and with no obvious rest room in sight. I guess his next question to the first passer by he encountered after leaving the bus was probably the same one he asked me on entering the bus, but then probably with a lot more urgency in his voice. But that, of course, is only my speculation. :lol:
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

A good observation. Years back I knew someone who worked in a factory with ten-minute breaks in midmorning and midafternoon. At one end of the long building were the toilets and vending machines for snacks and drinks. At the other end was a door to the parking lot - and the smoking area. He had a choice between a cigarette and a pee, but no time for both. Sometimes a co-worker would bring him a coffee while he had his smoke, and he said it was a challenge if he drank it.
bladder
Arrived

Post by bladder »

This reminds me of an interesting experience I had a while ago. I was travelling from Reading to Oxford in the UK, on a GWR train. I was with a couple of friends, and before the journey we'd all had a large quantity of beverages. Now, these trains usually have toilets, but on this particular occasion, the toilets were out of order. A friend of mine had tried the toilets about 5 minutes into the journey and discovered this, but he figured it wasn't too much of a big deal, since the journey was only supposed to last 20 minutes in total.

However, about 10 minutes later, the train started abruptly slowing down and then came to a halt. This sometimes happens if there's a cargo train on the track ahead and you then usually start moving again in a couple of minutes, but in this case about 10 minutes passed until the train manager came onto the intercom to announce that there was an unknown problem on the track ahead, and we were waiting for it to be cleared. He said that he had no idea how long we were going to be waiting, and that he empathised with all of us. I noticed my friend who had tried the toilet near the start of the journey suppress a groan at that. Soon afterwards, someone from the refreshments section started going around taking orders for complementary drinks (which was a very decent thing of them to do). I got myself a large tea, and my desperate friend got himself a small black coffee.

We ended up being stuck about 5 minutes from Oxford for over 2 hours! During that time, I had the privilege of seeing my friend grow gradually more desperate as time went on. He started off sitting with nothing more than crossed legs, and by the end of it, he was discreetly grabbing at his crotch every few minutes. When we finally started moving again, he let out an audible sigh of relief. When we pulled into the station, he practically sprinted across the platform to the toilets, with me following(Although I wasn't bursting at the seams like he was, I was quite desperate myself). He let out a gushing stream for what I can guess was the better part of 2 minutes. When he finished, he let out a massive sigh of relief, and told me that he seriously thought he wasn't going to make it. After that, we had a very enjoyable, albeit desperation-free, day.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Two hours is a long time to be stuck on a train with your friends, dying for a piss, not knowing how long you will still be there, and seriously thinking you're not going to make it. Sensible of him to restrict himself to the small coffee, but I bet he was regretting drinking even that!
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

did your friends say anything when you ordered the large tea with the train stopped? felt it going through you by the time you got to the station?? was it a really powerful stream for two minutes??