Edinburgh Waverly

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Keith
Can't stay away...

Edinburgh Waverly

Post by Keith »

Someone mentioned about Edinburgh Waverly station recently.
Whilst in Edinburgh to meet someone in the morning by afternoon I took a walk along to see this situation.
The temporary toilets are still in place, I went myself just to have a look.
I have discovered there are 4 cubicles, cubicle 1 then splits into 2 more cubicles and a urinal that can hold up to 4 men peeing at the one time.
However the toilets are unisex. There is a queuing system where the guard shouts for men or women to come forward. The woman get to use the 3 cubicles however depending on queue sizes the woman may also use the 2 cubicles where there is a urinal also this then means any man waiting has to wait until the woman are out. So at times there is an option for 6 men to use the toilet but other times none, so its toilet roulette basically. I caught 3 sightings on my visit with interst.
One Asian man very desperate that he was holding himself in the queue for 5 minutes, at one point covering his face as he was prancing.
One macho man in his 40s hopping to one foot from the next obviously desperate but to mascaline to really show it.
And one man in early 30s in a kilt bent over the barrier whilst he waited his turn with desperate facial gestures.
Will be returning next Saturday for more sightings now I know how the system works and how lack of facilities there are. The previous toilets had 4 male cubicles and around 15 urinal spaces and could often be bust so to go from 19 available toilets to 6 is a very dramatic cut.
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Re: Edinburgh Waverly

Post by Dazza88 »

Sounds interesting, where is this?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

It sounds like a very inefficient way of assigning the facilities. For the men, one toilet and the four-man urinal should suffice, and the rest of the toilets be assigned to the ladies.
ryan1990
Well Known Member

Post by ryan1990 »

I wonder if the queues get busier late at night as the pubs empty out? Could make for some great drunken sightings
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

Dazza88 wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 19:27 Sounds interesting, where is this?
It’s the main railway station in Edinburgh :-)
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Shame it’s so far away! 😄
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

Must be a few male desp fans in Scotland by appearances 😜
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Dazza88 wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 13:12 Must be a few male desp fans in Scotland by appearances 😜
There are more male desp fans around than are obvious. Some know it and won't admit it, and some are fans subconsciously. They're the "closet holders" I've mentioned. I'm sure we've all seen instances where a fellow has had opportunities to pee but has waited until it was very urgent or has taken a very long pee. Those that opt to hold it until they get home aren't necessarily pee-shy. Some just like the challenge.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Keith wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 17:13 One Asian man very desperate that he was holding himself in the queue for 5 minutes, at one point covering his face as he was prancing.
One macho man in his 40s hopping to one foot from the next obviously desperate but to mascaline to really show it.
And one man in early 30s in a kilt bent over the barrier whilst he waited his turn with desperate facial gestures.
I'm jealous that some of you get to see so many sightings. For me, male sightings are very rare, and even then some of them are underage.
Fred wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 13:50 I'm sure we've all seen instances where a fellow has had opportunities to pee but has waited until it was very urgent or has taken a very long pee. Those that opt to hold it until they get home aren't necessarily pee-shy. Some just like the challenge.
For this reason, I'm quite sure I've given other people more sightings than the sightings I've received. :)
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

So someone is employed to stand outside calling out which people are allowed to come forward? I feel like applying for that job.