College student exams

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...
Re: College student exams

Post by Bigdog »

In the Uk it rarely gets hot nor cold
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Bigdog wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 22:32 In the Uk it rarely gets hot nor cold
Lol pretty cold at the moment
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Just seen this thread and thought I'd add my experience.

I was a fresh-faced, 21-year-old student in 1994. I wasn't very trendy...I just wore the usual pale blue Levi 501s, t-shirts, high-top trainers: that kind of thing.

I had 7 final exams, each lasting three hours, in which you had to write 4 full essays. It worked out as about 40 minutes per essay, but of course you also had to read the essay choices and then decide which ones to answer. What I'm saying is, time was tight!

The exams took place in a large hall, which was hot, as it was Summer. If you needed the toilet in the middle of an exam, you had to ask the invigilator. I don't know what the exact arrangements for supervision were, as I never used the toilet in the middle of the exams.

However, owing to the heat, I did drink a fair volume of water, to keep my concentration levels up.

At the beginning of every exam, I went to the toilet and tried to squeeze every last drop of piss out and then head for the exam.

By the end of every exam, I was absolutely busting, to the point of squirming in my seat. But I daren't have left, because the timing was so tight, and I only just about finished each exam on time. It's not quite the same intensity of desperation as after a few beers, but it's still deeply unpleasant, to the point that I was even sweating in the crack of my bum - has anyone else had this when desperate? - and the usual toe curling, legs starting to shake etc.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

briefs wrote: 27 Oct 2022, 18:33 [...]
By the end of every exam, I was absolutely busting, to the point of squirming in my seat. But I daren't have left, because the timing was so tight, and I only just about finished each exam on time. It's not quite the same intensity of desperation as after a few beers, but it's still deeply unpleasant, to the point that I was even sweating in the crack of my bum - has anyone else had this when desperate? - and the usual toe curling, legs starting to shake etc.
Oh yes, been there. I certainly recall the toe curling and shaking legs that I suffered on a couple of occasions in the last stages of those 3 hour exams. The sweating for me was in a more conventional place though, as I recall. :D
briefs
Site Staff

Post by briefs »

Haha, we've all been there, Brian! Not very nice at all!
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

Three hour exams should be designed so that ten minutes for a toilet break or so the test takers can zone out for five minutes. Even if this means that the exam has three hours plus ten extra ten minutes.

Students can turn in exams when the student has finished so those who only need three hours to finish don’t have ten minutes added to the exam.

That would help those students that have to take a pee break or have an accident. The design of the exam is such that students are able to finish the exam in three hours. This allows a pee break half way through the exam.

I can see that students are not allowed to t@ke a pee break the first 15 minutes. Those giving the exam should have everything settled in 15 minutes.

It should be 15 minute# at the end of the exam as well. Any going to the toilet at the end of exam should be back in exam hall within 16 minutes so they can turn in their exam when exams of those still in the exam hall are being turned in.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

The discussion of exams leads me to ask about the length of exams. I am asking this question for students in sixth form or college are at least 18 years old.

I have seen the school day that some colleges follow. There is registration ar the beginning of the day that is sometimes 25=minutes long followed by lesson one and two. Then there is a pee break. Registration, lesson one,and lesson two is five minutes short of being two and a half long or 35 minutes short of three hours.

Now many colleges have an open toilet policy. This was not true 30 years ago.There was often a. O toilet visits in lessons with no lexceptions unless a student had a medical note.A student would have to hold it or pee his pants.

Were most of the students bursting to go by morning break? Several have commenting that some students were turning in their exams early because they were about to wet their pants!

I would think that wetting pants at age 18 in sixth form before morning break because toilet breaks in lessons was banned would be rare.

Why is it that sixth form students can hold it for almost three hours, (Registration, lesson one and lesson two which is thirty five minutes short of three hours?) while university students who are at least one year older can’t hold it that long?

Most US high school students have 7/lessons with a passing time between all lessons and students are encouraged to go to the toilet during those passing times. So students may go to the toilet every hour. If they hustle they aren’t coubted tardy.

Students being desperate for the toilet didn’t happen when my mates were at least 18 in my high school. No student wet or soiled pants in a lesson. My high school had an open toilet policy except for one jerk who was not hired for the next year. He got into trouble for trying to deny a student!

You would think th@t university students can hold it a bit longer than 18 year olds!

What is the story here?