User Ranks

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Tytn
Site Staff
User Ranks

Post by Tytn »

Many moons ago, and many forums ago, the users had ranks when they reached certain milestones.

There have been some setup previously, and others recently added but I was looking for a theme to follow.

Obviously there are some users with so many posts here they're pretty been everywhere and holding up the foundations...

So. I'd like suggestions for 'rank titles' please ;)

Starter!
Interested
Just Holding It!
Can't Stop
Enthusastic
Well Known Member
Entrenched!
Can't Stay Away

Some or all might not be appropriate. What do you think, and what ideas do you have ;)
Wombat48
Site Staff

Re: User Ranks

Post by Wombat48 »

I like them 🙂
I would be up for anything that encouraged more people to contribute!!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

I just see it as graffiti on the profile. Pointless at best.
neodreamwaters
Site Staff

Post by neodreamwaters »

They're one feature of the old forum that I don't really miss. I thought they were a bit gimmicky at the time, and I think it could possibly be a bit discouraging for a new member to have 'Newbie' on their profile. I'm happy just having the number of posts visible under my username.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

neodreamwaters wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 14:42 They're one feature of the old forum that I don't really miss. I thought they were a bit gimmicky at the time, and I think it could possibly be a bit discouraging for a new member to have 'Newbie' on their profile. I'm happy just having the number of posts visible under my username.
Just the number of posts under the name is sufficient for me. Nowadays everybody gets offended by something :roll: , and someone might find their label as judgmental. But it's harder to get offended by a number. ;)
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Not fussed either way really. I know who the regular posters are so I wouldn’t need a reminder.
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

So 'Active Member' is good for most then ;)
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

👍
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Tytn wrote: 19 Mar 2021, 00:23 So 'Active Member' is good for most then ;)
Yes, maybe that's a good compromise if some people do think such categories are important. (You and Wombat do at least.) Personally I'd prefer no distinctions at all. Except perhaps for the site staff group - it's important to know who you and your team are. But as others have said, we already know who the active members are, or those who don't know can look at the post count.
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

Fred wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 19:45
neodreamwaters wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 14:42 They're one feature of the old forum that I don't really miss. I thought they were a bit gimmicky at the time, and I think it could possibly be a bit discouraging for a new member to have 'Newbie' on their profile. I'm happy just having the number of posts visible under my username.
Just the number of posts under the name is sufficient for me. Nowadays everybody gets offended by something :roll: , and someone might find their label as judgmental. But it's harder to get offended by a number. ;)
your right there sadly.

Though I do think its intended as a bit of fun more than anything else.