ATT Repairman

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: ATT Repairman

Post by Fred »

Def123 wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 14:27 The end of our street turns into a rural lane which wrap around the local country park. I’ve lost count of the number of works vans I’ve seen parked up down there, must have seen 15-20 workers taking a sneaky slash into the hedge. The best sighting was a pair of 20 something Severn Trent Engineers both taking a piss at either side of their van :-)

Quite common to see something like a British Gas van disappear down there for 5 minutes before returning and heading off. Presumably a well known spot to stop for lunch and a much needed piss.
This is a very common practice with many outdoor jobs. In theory, there are laws and union rules that provide breaks that include toilet access, but at least for men it's simply more convenient for them to take a leak in a private spot. Then there are nonunion (and in the US some "undocumented") workers whose employers don't make any provision for pee breaks, so they have to improvise.
ThePTNN202
Active

Post by ThePTNN202 »

I appreciate this fantasy, the situation of a tech or worker visiting, and turns out he is busting for a piss.

I think the actual situation / predicament described is common everywhere too. Impossible schedules, appointments taking longer than anticipated, tight turnarounds, and they are probably not permitted to use any facilities at private residences. Even if they asked I suspect some residents would refuse anyway, they’re unaware or just don’t care. My place of work is a public building. When we have a tech or contractor arrive the first question is usually some variation of “Where’s the toilet?”, I suspect it’s first time some have had the chance or even been ‘allowed’ all day. I understand the fantasy, imagining what led to the situation, imagining how it ends, but I also completely support the response. I think it is vital to be able to draw a line between our fantasy and reality, where frankly, the only appropriate response here, without explicit agreement to participate further, is in-fact to get the poor guy what he needs (access to a toilet) straight away, no games, even if it’s not entirely within protocol. It’s fun to imagine what might have happened, but honestly, I would actually feel better for knowing I’d done the ‘right’ thing.

Would you think?, well I think anyway, that this community is probably more acutely aware of all the possible predicaments these guys can find themselves in, due to the fact there is some pleasure associated with our fantasizing about them, which paradoxically makes us more receptive to actually addressing the situation appropriately and with empathy when it arises.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I've already posted about the tech guy in my home who spent hours getting the new DSL setup to work, and after some marching in place at my kitchen counter he stated, "I've got to use your bathroom", and proceeded to do so. He hadn't shown any signs of his need until the marching, and then he was beyond the point of asking permission!
ThePTNN202
Active

Post by ThePTNN202 »

Fred wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 01:37 I've already posted about the tech guy in my home who spent hours getting the new DSL setup to work, and after some marching in place at my kitchen counter he stated, "I've got to use your bathroom", and proceeded to do so. He hadn't shown any signs of his need until the marching, and then he was beyond the point of asking permission!
Thanks Fred,
Yes I read than one too! It may illustrate that some guys, I think, are still embarrassed to ask for whatever reason, until it’s too late. That combined with the company possibly not allowing it, so possibly a fear of reprimand too. It’s fun to imagine what might have happened, but yeah, I wouldn’t have questioned or played games, I think in-fact I’d be more relieved myself knowing that he got the relief he needed, even if it was outside of protocol, and with any inkling that he was in-fact fearful of reprimand or embarrassed in any way, making it known that I’m ‘safe company’ and wouldn’t tell.

I also read your Amazon delivery driver stories. I like your approach, essentially creating a ‘safe place’ (giving the driver permission to piss in your yard) and feel the same way. There’s some fun fantasy in these stories of impossible delivery schedules, but I (and would think we as community) appreciate more than others that for some people it can actually still be an undesired predicament, so really, they can come piss in my yard too whenever they need, I won’t question or judge, the worst I’ll do is maybe sneek a peek out the window LOL.

Cheers.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I hope you've also read about my brawny landscaper who, once the visiting neighbor was out of the driveway, was so close to pissing himself that he made it only a few feet toward the trees and ruined a patch of freshly-seeded lawn right in front of me! (He returned the next day to repair it.)

In this rural community, men pee in their yards all the time. I do it, and if a worker or Amazon delivery man needs to do it, there are plenty of trees and shrubs that can use a watering. All the better if they don't mind an audience.