In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: In the News

Post by Brian »

Keith wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 16:40
Fred wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:56 Great post. I'll bet it happens more often than we know, since a lot of drivers wouldn't want to admit peeing their pants during a race, and in those fireproof suits it probably wouldn't show. And close calls. No doubt a lot of drivers sprint for the toilet as soon as the race is over. :shock:

https://twitter.com/neilbeaton/status/1 ... 99328?s=19
Wow, interesting find Keith!
Just in case that Tweet doesn't survive, let's reproduce it here:
Is it just me..Kris Boyd always looks like he's bursting for a pee when talking on sky.
Does anyone know what he means by this? Has anyone seen Kris Boyd on Sky? :o
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

Fred wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:56....No doubt a lot of drivers sprint for the toilet as soon as the race is over. :shock:
I would actually think that they would get out of their vehicles with care, so as not to bang their bodies against anything that would trigger yet more pain, then walk carefully whilst speeding up because no doubt their muscles would be slow to respond. I know I am after a long drive. It would be a lot of concentration for them, but I'm sure with time they would learn to manage their intake and over race times. But yes, I'm sure some have made mistakes, and the exhilaration from winning may overcome their tension for an aching full bladder, and we all know what sometimes happens when you've had a 'win' whilst desperate for a pee.... ;)
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

https://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/234055/P ... -hoge-nood

(In Dutch, translation below)
IJMUIDEN People in IJmuiden need to be alert for handymen who ring on the door with the request to use the toilet. In most cases they are not bona fide builders/decorators/plumbers who are dying for a piss, but tricksters looking for wallets and other valuables.

That is what the IJmuiden police are reporting on Facebook after a noticably large number of recent reports from people in IJmuiden who received handymen on the doorstep asking if they could pee. In one case the police were able to establish that the handyman concerned had already been identified as a confidence trickster.

IJmuiden residents are being asked to be alert themselves, but also to warn elderly residents about the practices of handymen with bad intentions. "And should you encounter dubious people on your doorstep who need to pee badly, don't let them in, note their description, if possible try to note any vehicle registration plate, and call us."
I guess from now on guys who get caught short on the streets and ring on someone's doorbell hoping for relief will not be given it now. :shock:
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I might consider letting him in if I can be in the toilet with him. And if he didn't pee for at least 30 seconds I'd call the police.
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

The other end of the spectrum:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/11/0 ... mers-home/

I feel sorry for him. I think this probably comes down to time pressure, big delivery targets, no time to divert off route to find a toilet. Having said that, I’d find somewhere a bit more discrete or (more likely) keep an empty bottle in the van for such eventualities. I’m sure you could even stand up in the back and piss into a bottle rather than have to fumble around in the front seat as you would in a car!

I can only remember two people who asked to use my facilities, a BT engineer who asked “if he could use our bathroom” and a builder who asked “do you mind if I take a piss?” :-)

Edited to add: I’ve actually just remembered someone from my cycling club asked if he could take a piss in my garden (different story)!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Yes, I feel sorry for the guy too. Clearly when you're delivering for a shark employer like that, you need a bottle in the van.
Dontpissitaway
Involved

Post by Dontpissitaway »

Brian wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 21:58 Yes, I feel sorry for the guy too. Clearly when you're delivering for a shark employer like that, you need a bottle in the van.
Or wear darker sweatpants ;-)
Connor
Involved

Post by Connor »

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/wor ... hemselves/

Here's an interesting article about toilet breaks at work. Anyone had any experiences of anything like this?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Connor wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 21:20 https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/wor ... hemselves/

Here's an interesting article about toilet breaks at work. Anyone had any experiences of anything like this?
In some work situations there may be a few that use toilet breaks just to goof off, but I think employers should deal with those individuals rather than have a blanket policy that restricts toilet use. I know there are fast food places that don't have their own facilities but use those in the building in which they are located. I'm surprised that there are banks without toilets! It does pique my interest that there was a branch employing only males that provided a bucket for them.

I can appreciate the problems that bus/train/cab/Uber drivers face. They're trapped in their vehicle for most of their work day and have only limited opportunities for toilet access.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Connor wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 21:20 https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/wor ... hemselves/

I get this issue quite regularly at work and had it with a vengeance on Thursday of last week when I started work just after 6:30 and did not get my first opportunity to pee until just before 12:00. I don't want to put too many details here in this posting because I'm a bit identifiable, but my work is actually one of the jobs listed in that article as problem-professions. Anyway, opportunities to pee are generally only every 2-3 hours anyway, and on my first break last Thursday morning the toilets were out of use where I was for my break at the time (being renovated). I saw one male colleague trying and failing to get in to use them. I don't know what he did. Fortunately for me I felt I could wait, and I did manage to, but I felt pretty angry about it. Arranging alternative facilities - in a mobile unit, for example - when this sort of thing is happening, doesn't seem to be a priority for my employer. :cry: