In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Tytn
Site Staff
Re: In the News

Post by Tytn »

They used to be but a lot of facilities are being closed now, even more so on stations that are not manned all the time.

The larger stations usually do have some form of facilities, often central. Some others have platform toilets that are truly ancient and quite exquisite in nature. Switzerland has toilets open 24/7 at all of its stations but it requires coins to unlock the turnstile to let you through.

Lots of UK beaches have access to toilets but sometimes they close them at night and lots these days require money to gain access, such as 20p or 50p. It can catch quite a few unaware. Especially if they are in swimwear and not carrying coins....
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

I think pay toilets are being phased out of stations in the UK, the ones in London appear to be free now certainly. Ones at our local, city centre, station are still ‘pay to enter’.

I can see why there’s a charge at some places, but if you’re travelling by train the railways have already bent you over for the price of a ticket, charging you to take a piss at the station really is a bit cheeky!

There are now very few ‘public’ toilets anywhere in the UK, with the inevitable consequences! 😬
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Def123 wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 21:48 I think pay toilets are being phased out of stations in the UK, the ones in London appear to be free now certainly. Ones at our local, city centre, station are still ‘pay to enter’.

I can see why there’s a charge at some places, but if you’re travelling by train the railways have already bent you over for the price of a ticket, charging you to take a piss at the station really is a bit cheeky!

There are now very few ‘public’ toilets anywhere in the UK, with the inevitable consequences! 😬
I can understand why pay toilets exist. Public toilets need daily cleaning and are subject to vandalism, so they can be expensive to maintain. But in the US you won't find many that require payment to enter. Restaurants with seating are required to provide rest rooms, but some may be accessed only with a key obtained from an employee or are otherwise restricted.
zsrh2002
Involved

Post by zsrh2002 »

Found this article from the US

A man apparently went behind the counter at a Starbucks and peed on some merchandise and in the sink. He later left the outlet with a visible wet spot on the front of this pants. There is a still frame of the CCTV footage clearly showing a wet stain on the front on the man's pants

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40935918/po ... ee-counter

Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

zsrh2002 wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 18:12 Found this article from the US

A man apparently went behind the counter at a Starbucks and peed on some merchandise and in the sink. He later left the outlet with a visible wet spot on the front of this pants. There is a still frame of the CCTV footage clearly showing a wet stain on the front on the man's pants
If this was just an act of vandalism due to some grudge he wouldn't have wet himself like that as well. I can only assume he couldn't wait and rushed for the nearest thing he could see to pee in which turned out to be sink. Perhaps he found the Starbucks toilet occupied and he couldn't wait?
zsrh2002
Involved

Post by zsrh2002 »

Brian wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 20:25

If this was just an act of vandalism due to some grudge he wouldn't have wet himself like that as well. I can only assume he couldn't wait and rushed for the nearest thing he could see to pee in which turned out to be sink. Perhaps he found the Starbucks toilet occupied and he couldn't wait?
This seems plausible, in this case.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

zsrh2002 wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 02:34
Brian wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 20:25

This seems plausible, in this case.
Among street people, mental illness is a factor. This fellow may have ignored his overfull bladder, but once involuntary release began, his instinct was to pee "somewhere". The sink was his first visible choice.
Keith
Can't stay away...

Post by Keith »

Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Destroying the jug is, indeed, an overreaction. Perhaps his host will now fix the door!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 18:12
Destroying the jug is, indeed, an overreaction. Perhaps his host will now fix the door!
The jug was a mistake. Leaving that in the room gave our friend an easy solution to the problem his host had cunningly arranged. That's why he wants to destroy the jug. No way he'll fix the door, though.