police tear gas gays at gay pride march

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...
police tear gas gays at gay pride march

Post by cutsleeve »

Tytn
Site Staff
Re: police tear gas gays at gay pride march

Post by Tytn »

Sounds more iike a headline grabber than anything.

A Pride march happened. Some people misbehaved, and the police responded with tear gas. I think they'd do that with a lot these days. There are many reasons and it's not necessarily homophic reasons but more of muppets misbhaving.

You should see soem of the stuff in the UK when those travelling to or from football games get out of hand. It often happens as they spend most of teh day in the pub before hand. Which has it's own rewards doesn't it...
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

lol yea I agree Tytn

every time I turn on the news I see someone deserving of tear gas :D

Left and right seem to have drifted further and further apart these days and all we see is the extremes of the argument.
At 32 I have never been to a Pride and would desperately like to but even though I like seeing guys in tight speedo, I am not sure it is entirely appropriate on a public road. Respect is a two way street.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

pride parades the road is closed to traffic and the only people at the parade are either people in the pride parade, or people there to see the pride parade, anyone that does not want to see it stays away, and no one is there by accident as it is closed to traffic and you have to go through barriers and around the heavy dump truck filled with salt to keep anyone from raming their way into the parade route even if they were driving a big truck. It's very clear your approaching a pride event from blocks away from all the people walking to it waving pride flags. so no one sees the parade that does not want to see the parade. there are a lot of people waving flags. a lot of athletic and slim men shirtless. a lot of short shorts. some speedos mostly on the floats which many are by either the bars, the tv, and radio stations. airlines. various commercial interests. even gay police men and lesbian police women. a big section of gay-friendly churches too. A quarter of a million people go to Chicago pride. The FBI agents walk bomb-sniffing dogs through the route a few hours before the parade then again each hour until right before the parade. It has become a kind of commercial with all the companies with floats trying to market their product to gay guys and lesbians. and there is the dykes on bikes section with big strong women riding motorcycles. these are women who could knock you out with a punch. I jump up and down chanting dykes on bikes when they go by. The ground and buildings shake with the sound of their motorcycles going by. some pop wheelies. some have their motorcycles done up to the theme of mad max fury road. there are the gay cowboys. the gay men's rugby team.
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

There are some people out there that go to make trouble, and likewise those within the parade sometimes feel /strongly/ that things they beleive in are being tarnished by others.

Add stressors, alcohol, loud noise, and people being in your face about it too much can tip people over the edge.

I've attended one already, some years back, and it was certainly an eye opener. Security is always going to be tight and its not just the homo and multi sexuals that visit them. Most of those that I interacted via the companies there were straight staff members to support the event. But likewise there was trouble, including those that lived or worked on the route chosen and could not 'not work' that day or be away from home.

As for Anti Social Behaviour; you're gonna get that most places. Most stores I delivery to for work have 'boy racers' nearby racing their engines, popping exhausts etc. Driving fast in the area and generally being a bit of an arse about it. Here in the UK we have ASBOs and 'car cruising' comes under that too. Not the cruising you might be thinking of but even so.

People leaving in urban areas have no choice but to be there to live and exist, and those on the march should have the decency to do it poitely but we all know there is going to be conflict. Police have had practice with anti social behaviour. It can rapidly escalate and so yeah, tear gas is used. It's not nice but it is what it is. Over here they've used water cannons too. Then those body hugging tshirts and shorts usually become a lot more precise on body parts... Whislt subduing the squirted. Not sure about the squirters..
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

I think it is all about finding a happy medium in Pride. Must admit I admire the guys that have the body confidence to walk down a street wearing next to nothing 😂
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Dazza88 wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 10:48 even though I like seeing guys in tight speedo, I am not sure it is entirely appropriate on a public road
Compression shorts are becoming mainstream, so these are the next best thing.
Especially when taking part in sports. :)
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

Even the governor of Illinois marches in the Chicago pride parade. There are no riots or violence or fights at Chicago pride. Chicago police are eager to sign up for Chicago pride parade duty as it's the easiest duty they can pull anywhere in the city. no guns. no fistfights. no shootings. no knifings. guys rather flirt and chat with each other rather than get in fights with each other at pride. It is really peaceful and the police there enjoy the easy day working for pride. I love those really short tight MMA fighting shorts. I have been out and about in them many times. they show off my muscular thighs and glutes very well. they are great to wrestle in and were great for wrestling practices and summer freestyle wrestling meets where you were not wearing your regular team singlet. They were great for summer football practice, and for track practice too. They are great for beer parties and drink and hold contests as if you piss them they are so thin they dry off and your bare legs dry off fast too. Usually, I will just leak a little at a time in them rather than lose it when I start to leak. can keep chatting with the other guys that way at parties usually out in the back yard. I wear speedos at water parks and pools and for my male stripper work too. It sure beats flipping burgers or working at Mcdonald's. I would die of boredom flipping burgers or working retail. I would hate the low pay too as I make a fortune as a male stripper. I'm very extroverted and love the attention from lots of guys chatting with me and feeling my muscles as I flex them for them to feel. I wear them at pride too. for pride, that road is no longer a public road as its blocked off to traffic. its in the gay bar district in Boystown Chicago so the guys in the bars also enjoy seeing the pride parade go by and the bars carry the pride parade on their big screen tv sets in the bar.