Ichannel

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Re: Ichannel

Post by Wombat48 »

Kissa wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 06:39
Brian wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 08:10
Wombat48 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 10:32 I I purchased once and it was good but to be honest there was less free content around then! What I find slightly irritating as an older man, is that they only use very young models. My own content, although anonymous, remains popular irrespective of my age, not clear why commercial producers still hang onto the notion that youth is everything???
While I agree that the Ichannel subjects are hardly a cross-section of humanity when it comes to age, most being probably in the range 18-24, there have been a few of more mature years than most people in the modelling world (I use the word "modelling" because we're not in Stronger Interests ;) ). I would judge both Sportylad and Surferlads to be possibly around 30, and Swimmerlad looks to be approximately 40. That's not our age, I know, but it's a better representation than the actors used by most similar organisations.

And to state the obvious: younger models sell better. The film-maker does need to make a living from the enterprise.

I do however think that it's a pity there's no racial diversity in the models.
I saw a post somewhere once, a long time ago. The owner said that customers get angry when he even puts black people as extras in the videos. As they're now based in South Africa, I think they probably get a lot of interest from black actors.
So it’s ok to support racism as long as your making money???
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

I certainly hope not.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Dazza88 wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 12:59 I certainly hope not.
Social conscience and profit do not mix well. Today's society is all about the money.
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

You are probably right, personally I am all about variety 😁