Public urination in Chicago

Reposted material. Such as stories that have been copied from other sites and are not your own. If they are your own, you may put them in the 'stories' section. When posting please link to the original URL and the author. Please remember to copy the story in full.
dhmhtrios
Arrived
Public urination in Chicago

Post by dhmhtrios »

A very interesting article about public urination hot spots in Chicago, complete with maps and images. Some passages of this article come to my mind frequently, especially this one:

“I write more tickets than anybody. The best is when I catch 'em midstream. … That's when 'fight or flight' kicks in. Some of them just finish what they started. Some try to stop and zip up their pants. I’ve had guys pee themselves right in front of me while I write them a ticket.”

I think I'd like to have this guy's job!

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2015082 ... ricts-map/
Lee
Can't stay away...

Re: Public urination in Chicago

Post by Lee »

Love that!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Excellent! Now, if they really wanted to stop the public urination (instead of collecting fines), they'd have public toilets or at least portapotties at the train stations, but those would cost money to maintain, though outdoor urinals on a pole don't require much maintenance. They might also want to check the bars and clubs nearby to see if they have at least the minimum number of toilets/urinals required by law.

If I lived in Chicago near one of the popular locations, I know where I'd like to set up a CCTV camera.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

I guess that if you're in that situation, apprehended by the police for peeing in the street, you should at least maximise your chances of getting away with it by being apologetic and polite, stop peeing and zip up even if that means peeing yourself in front of the officer. It won't help you to behave like this hyperactive young man did when he couldn't hold it any longer on the back of his brother's motorbike, dismounted and tried to pee in the street in front of a police car!
Look, it wasn't my fault! Those policemen wouldn't let me piss in the road! What was I supposed to do? I was trying to tell Pete earlier that I needed a piss, banging on his arm and yelling, but he couldn't hear, and when he stopped at the lights I just had to go, so I got off the bike, and I didn't know the police were there. That stupid officer asks me what I'm doing with my thing out, and so I tell him what the bloody hell does it look like and I call him a stupid git and yeah I know that was stupid of me but I just couldn't help it because I was angry and bursting for a piss and he made me put it away before I'd even had a chance to piss, and he was acting like he couldn't understand why I was standing there in the road...