Long Lines at Tech Conferences

Reposted material. Such as stories that have been copied from other sites and are not your own. If they are your own, you may put them in the 'stories' section. When posting please link to the original URL and the author. Please remember to copy the story in full.
Fred
Site Staff

Long Lines at Tech Conferences

Post by Fred »

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... ay/276721/

The point of the article is that there are vastly more men than women at tech conferences. You can click on the photo links to see the long lines waiting for the men's room. One in particular deserves a good look:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kasiagrab ... hk-9S6HPi/

It looks to me like the young man in the foreground is already taking a leak.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Long Lines at Tech Conferences

Post by Brian »

That article's an interesting find, but the photo you highlight is just incredible. Either that guy really is openly pissing on the floor or it's an unbelievably fortuitous line-up between his hand in the right place and a long curved floor marking which has exactly the right shape. If he really is doing what he appears to be doing, does he think he can get away with it??
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Long Lines at Tech Conferences

Post by Fred »

Re the photo, if he's doing what he appears to be doing, I was amazed that the article would include it!

Re the article in general, there are building code standards for the required number of fixtures for men and women, but I'm sure that they assume a 50-50 balance for the total capacity. At these tech conferences, if the venue has a capacity of 200 people, 180 of them could be men, so there would be a long wait for the perhaps 4 or 5 urinals/toilets when a meeting let out. How many of them might be swilling coffee for hours, clenching their sphincters, then racing for the men's room, only to have to stand in line for 15 minutes?